Director - Digital Delivery
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The role of the Director - Digital Delivery is to develop and oversee integrated cross-channel strategies and brief responses to successfully achieve client KPIs whilst ensuring a cohesive and complementary approach to digital media. This includes establishing guidelines and quality assurance for large cross-media clients across the media department.
This requires in depth knowledge of the capabilities of search, programmatic and social marketing platforms, including video and native formats, and direct experience managing accounts in these channels alongside a thorough understanding of a client's business needs and goals to ensure these are met and any future opportunities are raised. They will mentor and/or manage Senior Managers - Digital Delivery, providing guidance and support with their development, and will play an active role in the strategic growth of our Media Delivery offering.
Life as a Director – Digital Delivery at Merkle
- Internal delivery lead for tier 1, cross-channel accounts
- Coordinate and oversee delivery strategies and contribute to media plans
- Be responsible for data quality and insights, providing integrated reporting which represents the impact of campaign deliver against the clients' KPIs
- Maintain a high level of working and strategic knowledge across all channels and how they can integrate
- Support digital strategy lead (where present) in research for and response to briefs, otherwise seeking to undertake this work for themselves
- Support the Client Services (where present) with the development and proposition of additional Merkle integrated services and products.
- Support business development to develop and sell integrated solutions
- Coordinate research, strategy, implementation and reporting with channel leads/account team on any cross-media campaigns
Communication & Relationship:
- Client-facing delivery lead for tier 1, cross-channel accounts
- Owns the collaborative relationship with other agencies/external partners involved with their clients) as relates to campaign activation and media delivery, representing Merkle at all-agency meetings (or delegating as appropriate) and co-ordinating feedback to channel leads
- Retain oversight of key client calls and ad hoc communications, delegating BAU as appropriate
- Effectively project-manages, ensuring that via proper delegation work is delivered on time and on spec and escalating appropriately via internal stakeholders/to client where barriers are encountered.
- Organise/lead monthly client meetings, QBRs and post campaign analysis
- Surfacing insights and recommendations to senior Merkle leadership team relating to internal cross-channel learning and development
- Support heads of dept by contributing ideas for the strategic development of media delivery, helping to constantly improve and evolve our ability to service our clients effectively
- Provide thought leadership via awards, blogs, case studies and events around integrated channel strategies, positioning Merkle as an expert
- Co-ordinating/leading the distribution of learnings from their client(s) across the media department (or delegation thereof)
- Mentoring Senior Managers - Digital Delivery still in-channel
- Supporting their line manager with constructive feedback and recommendations for their professional development
A few of the benefits
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
- It is anticipated that the appropriate candidate will have extensive experience within digital media agency function and/or digital media vendor/ad technology platform
- Line management experience
- Experience of growing client relationships at top tier levels
- Practical experience managing and directing strategy on search, social and programmatic campaigns
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.