Paid Search Director - Product
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We’re looking for a Paid Search Director to lead strategy, vision and growth for our largest paid search brands. This role requires extensive experience of paid search management across multiple platforms, as well as experience of growing client relationships and identifying new opportunities. The Paid Search Director is responsible for ensuring we are meeting client KPIs, setting strategic roadmaps and co-ordinating large delivery teams, as well as contributing to cross-channel media plans where required.
The role requires a thorough understanding of a client's business needs and goals to ensure these are met and that we strive to increase the maturity of their digital activity. The Paid Search Director will be accountable for driving best-in-class innovative work across their client portfolio, as well as contributing to evolving our agency paid search offering to remain at the forefront of the industry.
In this role, you will oversee the personal development and performance assessment of high achieving paid search account managers.
Alongside your commitment to clients, this role is a leadership position in our paid search department. You will have accountability for (and a proven track record in) the following across our team of 120+ paid search specialists as we aim to achieve big growth targets in 2020:
- Deep platform and technical expertise
- Developing our paid search offering
- Creating additional revenue streams
- Financial reporting (SalesForce)
- Supporting new business pitches
Life as a Paid Search Director at Merkle
- Own the day to day client relationship for large paid search accounts and be the face of the internal team
- Own the collaborative relationship with other agencies and external partners involved with their client(s)
- Ensure that our account delivery, service levels and performance to the client is industry leading
- Work with the Client Services team to recognise new service and growth opportunities
- Support the Business Development team as a senior face of the department in new business pitches
- Accountable for thought leadership activity both with the client and internally, putting forward new topics of interest and championing creative strategic thinking
- Inspire and challenge the client with innovative and digital-first marketing solutions
- Ensure effective communication across internal teams and across the client, media owners and agency partners
- Responsible for the overall delivery of, and client satisfaction in, their portfolio of accounts
- Manage team of direct reports, leading performance reviews and overseeing professional development
Benefits and development
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company.
As well as excellent growth and development opportunities, we have a fantastic work environment. We have modern, bright, open-planned offices which have an approachable atmosphere. There’s a games room downstairs (next to the auditorium which we use as a cinema some evenings!) where you can find a pool table and ping pong - there’s always someone ready to challenge you to a game. We also have perks such as the Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans.
Merkle | Periscopix are proud to have consistently featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For.
What we are looking for in you
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 5+ years of practical and extensive experience managing and directing paid search strategies across Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising, including SearchAds360
- Strong proven team management and development experience
- Experience applying strategic thinking to complex paid search campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving KPIs
- Experience of collaborating with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent presentation skills and confident communicator across all seniority levels
- Excel at building relationships, both internally and with C level clients
- Possession of excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of project management
- Experienced co-ordinator and delegator
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.