Director Customer Experience Strategy
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Director – Customer Experience Strategy will play a lead role in delivering assessments and roadmaps for B2C, B2B, and B2B2C brands looking to transform their customer experience landscape driven by the need to increase competitive advantage, bring new products and solutions to market, acquire new customers, enable growth through lead generation and ecommerce sales, and re-platform/optimize their marketing technology stack.
Candidates for this role are experts at developing marketing, personalization, sales enablement, and transformational strategies for customer experience landscapes spanning web, app, portal, ecommerce, lead generation touchpoints, and owned social experiences and technology.
Candidates are highly skilled at understanding a brands business strategy, identifying pain points and challenges across their customer experience landscape, and creating actionable road maps. This role is tasked with arriving at strategic solutions that are not readily apparent, through the ability to turn assessment findings and analytics outputs into insights that inform strategy and customer experience transformation.
This role requires the ability to work closely with client teams to assess their customer experience landscape and Merkle teams across analytics, user experience design, and technology practices to deliver integrated solutions.
Expected Job Functions:
- Serve as the lead or supporting consultant on enterprise customer experience transformation assessments and road map engagements
- Work closely with customers to understand their business objectives, industry challenges, growth opportunities, customer experience needs through workshops, audits, primary and secondary research
- Design, facilitate, and lead stakeholder interview and requirements workshops
- Leverage and build upon Merkle Customer Experience and Digital Transformation consulting frameworks and roadmap templates
- Generate insights from assessments and research data that translate to actionable strategies and tactics
- Responsible for development, management, and presentation of deliverables to internal teams and client stakeholders at management and executive levels
- Work closely with analytics, customer research, content, SEO, user experience design, Web and CRM platform practice leads and resources across Merkle service lines
- Build and sustain strong client relationships acting as a trusted advisor
- Support Merkle sales in solutioning and selling assessments, road maps, and follow-on activation work
- Identify and define upsell opportunities based on assessment and roadmap outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree or requisite agency, or consultancy experience
- 8 to 10 years consulting in marketing technology, digital transformation, or customer experience strategy
- 5 to 7 years of experience working in a consultative or agency strategy role with user experience design, analytics, and web technology practices
- Working knowledge of Adobe and/or Sitecore technology including CMS, DAM, ecommerce platforms
- Working knowledge of Adobe and/or Google Analytics platform
- Working knowledge of Salesforce sales enablement technologies and marketing automation platforms
- Experience leading consulting engagements in the $150K to $500K budget range
- Experience consulting in an environment with multi-country/cultural teams
- Experience working with client stakeholders across marketing, strategy, analytics, technology and IT
- Can lead or support multiple engagements under significant deadline pressure
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present to executive groups
- Self-starter and able to collaborate across a wide span of practice lines
- Ability to thrive in a highly matrixed and geographically dispersed team environment on multiple priorities
- Demonstrated history of working with external clients at the executive level (e.g. VP, SVP, CMO)
- Willingness to travel in the US and internationally when necessary, up to 35%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.