Analytics Consultant - Adobe Analytics
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Our web analytics team is a rapidly expanding part our business and one of the most established and highly respected in the UK. We work with a broad range of clients from any sector you could imagine. On any given day, you could be working with a global ecommerce brand in the morning and a local services consultancy in the afternoon.
As part of Merkle EMEA we hold five different Adobe Solutions Specialisations and are looking to hire a solutions consultant to lead in delivering Adobe Analytics implementation work. The successful candidate will instantly be an important and significant part of our Adobe Analytics team.
This means that a typical day will tend to have a good balance of coding, writing, talking, teaching, data and learning new stuff.
The development of our technical capabilities and thought leadership within the Adobe Analytics space will be a critical part of the role. Having said that, there will be the opportunity to work with/learn about the Google Analytics 360 Suite if desired. After all, we are currently the largest Sales Partner for the 360 Suite in the UK!
Life as an Analytics Consultant at Merkle
This is a fast-paced role that will never leave you sitting around twiddling your thumbs! Day to day activities will cover the full spectrum of technical web analytics work and will include a strong measure of client/project management:
- Working with clients to define their measurement strategies
- Translating those strategies into tracking and reporting configurations
- Working with the client’s developers to deploy robust data layers
- Implementing tagging solutions to meet the tracking requirements
- Developing scripts and plugins to solve ad-hoc tracking issues
- Improving internal techniques, processes and quality assurance
- Day to day account management and written and face to face contact with clients
In addition, the role will offer the opportunity to:
- Provide actionable insights to clients via your own analysis of their data
- Drive data maturity for some of the world’s biggest brands
- Work with different APIs, reporting and visualisation platforms
- Become an internal advocate of Adobe Analytics and help upskill both our existing Analytics Solutions and Media Insights teams
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme and season ticket loans
Primarily this role will involve using Adobe Analytics therefore circa 12-18 months of hands-on experience in the platform is highly desirable, with a specific focus on tracking and reporting configuration. Ideally, this would include implementing Adobe Analytics using multiple tag management solutions.
To support this knowledge, a background in the following would be expected:
- Fundamentals of tracking and tagging for marketing and measurement
- Variety of tag management system experience (or very strong knowledge of one/two)
- HTML & CSS
A strong understanding of the wider Adobe Experience Cloud suite of products would be a nice to have, with any experience of integrating any of the other solutions with Adobe Analytics will come in handy.
Good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple client stakeholders of varying seniority and technical knowledge are absolutely crucial as this role requires the successful candidate to be able to lead client engagements with minimal supervision.
Essentially, we’re looking for a highly motivated, highly skilled self-starter, who is desperate to play a significant role in the development of our Adobe Analytics proposition. If you think you fit this description, then do feel free to blow your own trumpet and show us why you should be part of our great team.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.