Software QA Automation Trainee
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Come be a part of our professional, collaborative, and fun work environment, where everyone gets to make a difference. We’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals that have recently graduated and are looking to start their career in Quality Assurance (QA).
As a QA trainee, you’re the guardian of quality and you make sure that all software that our projects deliver is of the highest possible quality. A big part of this is done through extensive testing of the systems that we deliver, but your responsibilities don’t stop there.
As part of our QA Graduate Scheme, we’ll give you all the training and mentoring needed to become a QA consultant. We’ll do this using both formal and on-the-job training, shadowing other QAs working on a variety of projects, and will give you the opportunity to get industry-wide recognised certificates. The aim is before two years to become a fully-fledged QA Consultant, but chances are you achieve this much sooner. Full support and guidance are given by your line manager and our HR team.
As a QA trainee you will:
- Be part of the entire software development lifecycle
- Be responsible for the creation of test scenarios by translating business requirements into concrete test scenarios
- Execute tests and raise defects if the results aren’t as expected
- Proactively identify risks and impact assess defects raised
- Create test plans and test strategies
- Report on the results of the tests and the defects found
Life at the Merkle QA Graduate Scheme
- We have a fantastic training and mentoring programme in place to help you get up to speed with what we do, learn how everything works, and to prepare you to be an exceptional QA Consultant
- Our training programme includes formal training and certification (e.g. ISTQB, CAT) which will be of great value for the rest of your career
- You will be directly working with a portfolio of international clients in a wide range of sectors
- During the graduate programme you will have the opportunity to see different types of QA projects
- We will regularly evaluate your performance and adjust training needs as necessary
What we’re looking for
- You’re a recent graduate and hold an IT-related university degree (Bachelor or Master)
- We will also consider you if you’re not a recent graduate but are looking for a career switch
- You’re interested in improving the quality of software systems our projects deliver
- You’ve got intellectual curiosity and ambition
- You’re a great team player but are also able to work autonomously
- You must be comfortable with spreadsheets and have a keen interest in databases and maybe even a bit of programming
- You’re an EU citizen or have an EU work permit
- You’re able and willing to occasionally travel to client sites or other Merkle offices throughout Europe
A few of the benefits:
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
• Career development via Merkle University and other tools; with courses, textbooks and mentorship
• Health and life insurance and other corporate benefits
• Free breakfast, biscuits & fruit baskets
• Have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
• A selection of other industry-standard benefits