Salesforce Practice Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle is seeking a uniquely talented industry leading senior executive to serve as the leader of its global Salesforce practice. The Salesforce Practice Lead is a critical leader at Merkle, owning the overall global strategy tied to our alliance partner.
With a deep understanding of the Salesforce organization, business strategy and culture, you will engage with your partner at senior levels to develop a shared strategic vision and the executive sponsorship and support required to act on it. As a respected thought leader, you will propose innovative new business ideas and secure the partner alignment and engagement needed to put them into practice.
The Practice Lead will be accountable for driving alliance growth and establishing Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) CRM line of business, which includes Merkle, as a leader in pursuing transformational deals.
- Responsible for developing the overall strategy globally tied to the Salesforce partnership, including bringing joint initiatives to market and ensuring successful programs – with responsibility from ideation to post-launch and maturity.
- Develop and own the business plan for the DAN/Merkle/Salesforce Alliance.
- Manage the Salesforce Alliance to higher levels of maturity across Partner framework: Sales, Marketing, Enablement, Joint Initiatives, Delivery.
- Drive long-term value for the Alliance channel through a combination of innovation and execution.
- Liaise with cross-functional team to bring offerings to market: work with sales to build and manage pipeline for partner offerings; work with product or other operating groups to bring offerings to launch; work with marketing to build and execute on marketing plan; work with executives on Merkle and partner teams to manage communications and updates.
- Create a community across all DAN/Merkle experts, aligning to a common vision and expanding the knowledge set across the organization.
- Keep up with the latest features/functionality of the Salesforce stack.
- Highest point of escalation for any architecture or delivery challenges.
- Working collaboratively to develop solutions with our architecture/delivery groups.
- Support Solutions group in business pitches for alliance partner.
- Engage directly on new suite POCs/ first launches (help team on the ground get this launched).
- Work with alliance partner on appropriate training programs and manage certifications across the organization.
- 10+ years of industry related leadership and alliance partnership experience.
- Deep knowledge and experience with the Salesforce stack.
- Strong market knowledge and the ability to create successful growth strategies as well as own and execute on a longer-term strategic plan.
- Demonstrated results leading global alliance practice, setting strategic vision and leading cross-functional teams to achieve it.
- Strong growth mindset and proven achievement of aggressive growth targets.
- The ability to craft and execute strategic and tactical plans to close large revenue projects.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability to communicate effectively and form lasting relationships across functions and teams, partners and clients, from C-suite level to line manager to architect.
- Ability to lead through influence over authority.
- Ability to establish key relationships and position oneself as a thought leader.
- Strong collaboration capabilities are critical to this role.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree
- 20-30% travel required
- Location: New York, NY. Columbia, MD. Chicago, IL. Denver, CO. King of Prussia, PA. Minneapolis, MN. Pittsburgh, PA. San Francisco, CA. Remote
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.