Digital Optimization/Email Strategy - Director
Merkle is seeking a talented Digital Optimization/Email Strategy-Director to join the Digital team. This role will be responsible for managing email development and distribution globally. They will be accountable for managing the email operations while working with marketers and technology experts to craft a marketing automation platform strategy to enable the organization to keep pace with the latest marketing trends and capabilities.
The role will be in support of global marketing activity and will require that they work closely with stakeholders around the world. The role requires a person who is naturally collaborative and versed in different interpersonal communication strategies. While supporting stakeholders is important, the person will need to balance this attribute with the ability to develop strong points of views and the ability to defend them. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate competence and leadership through the face-to-face interactions with their peers. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must.
The role is digitally intensive and it is expected that the candidate have a high level understanding of the marketing automation ecosystem and the role that these digital platforms play in the larger martech stack. An understanding of marketing automation capabilities and their application within marketing tactics is critical. They are also skilled in having difficult client and employee conversations within the context of project management and they consistently demonstrate an advanced ability to rally a team to deliver high client satisfaction. They assist team with executing daily deliverables to ensure programs we lead are on time, on budget and accurate.
- Oversee the planning, orchestration, and execution of the marketing automation roadmap and strategy
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with the client by ensuring the successful execution of deliverables and putting forth recommendations related to applied strategy using their CRM and/or industry knowledge.
- Plan and implement digital strategies by working closely with marketing strategy team and media agencies
- Ability to navigate matrixed organization to lead teams across functional areas, ensure all members and client are meeting deliverables, and resolve all issues both with client and internally relative to all facets of client engagement
- Responsible for leading the improvement of client’s e-mail processes and capabilities
- Working with key stakeholders (marketing, tech) to advance operational efficiency, campaign automation etc.
- In tandem with client team, lead development and management of product roadmap aimed at driving above improvements
- Product manager strategy role and lead day to day quality of execution
- Partner with other specialist digital teams for features development, design/UX, content, analytics across digital channels
- Deliver measurable improvements against agreed upon KPIs
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated ability to lead team (internal and client)
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-changing environment
- 10+ years of experience in e-mail/digital account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client-side marketing department with a working knowledge of: Online and offline CRM development and production
- Digital Marketing
- Multichannel/Integrated Marketing
- Campaign management - coordinating creative, production, data processing, etc.
- Relationship/Client Management
- Account Planning and strategy
- Understanding of data analytics for multi-channel results analysis
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Experience with B2B clients is a plus
- E-mail marketing experience with strong understanding of CRM data and e-mail operations
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Workfront or similar tools
- Experience working on global accounts/clients
- Experience working with clients directly as this role will require having to liaison with client stakeholders
- Willingness to work onsite with client 5 days per week in New York City
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.