VP, Media Sales Enablement
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle is seeking a digital media sales leader with an established network to work on an exciting retail media network, developing and managing this practice from the ground up. Your understanding of the retail media landscape, the changing needs of the CPG community and shifting consumer sentiment will be essential to excelling in this role. You will report into the SVP Media Solutions, New Stream Media and e-Retail, and perform a mix of sales and strategic sales planning which includes:
Sales Materials Evolution
You will provide regular updates of sales materials to include category insights, case studies, ad solutions, key messages and unique buyer needs.
Sales Events Management
You will manage and develop sales events, both virtual and in-person, all while tracking pipeline and quantifying value of attendance at events.
Go-to-Market strategy for new ad solutions
You will work with media teams on innovation, including driving new ad solutions from feedback in the market and determining how to best position these solutions through key messaging, identifying key buyers and creative visualization, etc.
Agency Relationship Development
You will develop agency relationships across shopper marketing and traditional agencies. This includes creating customized sales materials, leading agency education events, and determining when agency account leads are required.
You will also . . .
- Consistently reach established revenue targets by managing a team of sellers, responsible for building relationships with key media executives and decision makers
- Actively manage an aggressive sales pipeline, providing regular financial updates and projections (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) to management team
- Establish & maintain process to manage the sales process – including meetings, Request for Proposal (RFP) response/review, negotiations, close, up-sell and renew opportunities
- Refine and manage process to enable Sales & Media teams to collaboratively, enhancing client relationships & driving business
- Create streamlined communication with various internal teams to properly execute on solutions
- Coach & enhance team members to build strong business pipeline to support sales goals before, during and after business is won
- Keep up to date with industry trends that are relevant to targeted vertical markets, as well as general media news
- Attend industry events and conferences
- BA/BS degree and 15+ years of sales experience
- Solid track record in achieving goals with outstanding execution, problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and creativity
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, outgoing personality, and strong presentation skills
- Proven sales, negotiation, account management, follow-up, and time management skills
- Extremely responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment
- Understanding of programmatic & social ecosystems, as well as ad tech & mar tech platforms
- Familiarity with retail media networks & retailers co-op environments, profitability opportunities
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively and independently while being collaborative with support teams
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!