Vice President, Client Services
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2018 net revenue of $846million.
The VP, Client Services is a leadership role in client environments and within Merkle. With deep multi-channel marketing and industry knowledge, the VP, Client Services ensures client objectives are met by overseeing the development and execution of strategic marketing plans in collaboration with the appropriate subject matter experts and the Client Partner if assigned. Such plans will include strategy, tactics, forecasts, budgets, and projections, and performance metrics. They are able to interpret and provide recommendations around marketing results and continually confirm the client’s investment is sound.
Could ultimately be responsible for a portfolio of accounts, the VP, Client Services effectively balances client demands with internal demands associated with staffing and resource planning, financial management, competing deadlines, and motivate their team to deliver best in class results to our clients on a daily basis.
- Act as a business leader and possibly portfolio manager within their vertical. This individual’s primary mission is to work closely with the assigned Client Partner to help grow our revenue and market share utilizing their strong orientation for service and delivery
- Executive level engagement of our key existing and prospective stakeholders in constant dialog around how to improve their marketing results
- Drive the development of strategic solutions for our clients and manage internal resources to fulfill these strategies on time, on budget and with maximum efficiency of resources
- Development and delivery of proposals on how to execute on the above
- Leadership of periodic strategic planning efforts, advisory/strategy consulting engagements, and “accountability” for the quality and business impact of ongoing client work
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent ability to manage client relationships, especially sensitive issues, and effectively problem solve
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast changing environment
- Minimum of 10 + years experience in relevant relationship marketing disciplines including multi-channel marketing strategy, online/offline media, infrastructure, integrated campaign management, email execution, etc.
- Direct, focused experience within the healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry is not required but is preferred
- Experience managing large, complex, multi-million dollar accounts with strategy, analytics, digital and creative components
- Previous experience within a major consulting firm or marketing agency preferred
- Strong experience managing the financial aspects of a book of business including forecasting revenue, costs, profit margins, invoicing, reporting your financials to company executives, etc. Should be financially disciplined and feel at home working on Excel spreadsheets and internal accounting and forecasting programs (i.e. Salesforce). Responsible for profit and loss on an account
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing a team of who are responsible for the day-to-day execution of client programs; Must thrive on building highly effective teams; possess strong people management skills
- Proven strategic leadership and cross-team program management in a matrix environment
- Experience working with clients with the healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Solid understanding of all key channels (e-mail, Web, Direct Mail, Telemarketing, Search, Display and other Digital services etc.)
- Analytically minded, specifically comfortable with data, response metrics and trends
- Actively develops and shares personal POV on relevant topics (e.g., CRM, customer centricity, market evolution)
- Typical travel requirement of 30% to 50% including internal to Merkle, with clients and prospects, and industry events; travel will fluctuate with activity and opportunity and at times the requirement will be greater
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.