VP - Alliances Enterprise Sales Lead - Salesforce
DAN is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 45,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services.
Isobar is a global digital agency of 6,500 people across 45 markets, united by our mission to transform businesses, brands and people’s lives with the creative use of digital. We deliver experience-led transformation, solving complex business challenges through our digital marketing & communications, ecosystems & commerce, products & services and transformation consulting offering. In the past two years, Isobar has been awarded over 450 times, including the Digital Craft Grand Prix at Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in 2018, as well as multiple Clio, Webby, and Effie Awards.
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
This sales leadership role is part of a new team in a high growth and dynamic area of the Dentsu business. The successful individual will be accountable for driving incremental revenue from our partnership with Salesforce across EMEA. Salesforce themselves are growing at circa 20% per annum with a plan to be a $22.4B business by 2022, Dentsu have an ambition to be a driving force in their global growth.
Specifically the Alliance Enterprise Sales Lead role is responsible for originating, responding to and leading efforts to close sales leads that support the Dentsu Alliance Growth team in EMEA This will include owning the co-selling relationship with Dentsu’s Alliance Partnerships, interfacing and contributing deeply with the sales and account teams, and driving sales and marketing programs directly with the Alliance Partnerships sales’ teams. This role will be supported by the broader EMEA Alliances team (marketing and solutions) as well as their Global Alliance counterparts.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to lead sales efforts that are not only focused on the capabilities in which they serve but also able to cross-sell within and between capabilities of Dentsu. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision-makers is essential.
Life as an Alliance Enterprise Sales Lead – Salesforce at Dentsu / Merkle
- Driving Alliance New Growth revenue for Dentsu with new and existing accounts in several ways:
- Collaborate with the Alliance Partner team and Dentsu Client Partner teams in the identification and development of technology alliance opportunities in their priority accounts
- Drive and support New Logo Growth team pursuit efforts for RFPs
- The qualification, upsell and cross-sell within and across our core capabilities
- Leading renewal efforts if/when the opportunity needs extra sales expertise
- Successfully supporting the sales cycle with Client Partners and Consultants architecting Dentsu solutions during the sales phase of a deal
- Architecting and setting up complex projects usually involving multiple Dentsu solutions
- Analysing customer business goals, objectives, needs, process and existing infrastructure
- Appling business outcome-based sales principles and demonstrates relevant and transferable company experience in developing sales strategy, opportunity briefs and sales plans to drive new logo and client solution
- Ensuring availability of suitable collaterals for the Dentsu offerings
- Working closely with the operating companies across EMEA to define and extend the core offerings
- Understanding the prospect and client decision-making process and organizational map
- Establishing s trusted relationships with CMOs and other client executives to originate new opportunities in new logo and existing accounts support new and existing accounts to position our capabilities
- Developing and maintains an accurate, high-quality pipeline that is aligned to our company’s sales process
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
- It is anticipated that the appropriate candidate will have >10 years consultative sales experience
- Experience with Closing large, complex sales deals (origination experience mandatory)
- Proven ability to meet sales quota goals
- Knowledge and understanding of the Martech industry, specifically Adobe, Salesforce, Google and AWS
- Knowledge and an understanding of the marketing cloud and ad-tech marketplace
- Experience architecting complex solutions for large corporations
- Ability to propose solid solutions to meet customer requirements
- Must have solid knowledge in Marketing Technology, Data & Analytics and Digital Agency
- Must have deep technical experience in integration of multiple solutions and the ability to determine scope, duration, resources required prior to beginning a project
- Experience in Financial Services, Insurance, Travel, Media, Entertainment, Non-Profit, High Tech or Retail will be an added advantage
- Strong ability to prospect
- History of success working within an individual and team environment
- Deep general business knowledge and acumen
- Innovative and creative
- Viewed as a thought leader in sales and well connected/networked
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills
- Ability to lead through influence over authority
- Strong collaboration capabilities
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.