Senior Lead - Advertising Data and Technology
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Every year a larger share of advertising & marketing is being bought digitally, and companies are turning to advanced technologies to help them make the most of their budgets. However, implementing advertising & audience technologies is complex, challenging and ever-changing, which is why it takes specialist knowledge to ensure it’s done correctly.
As an Senior Advertising Data & Technology Consultant, you will lead projects to advise some of the world’s biggest companies on how they should architect and implement advertising & audience technologies, including Google Marketing Platform, Adobe Experience Cloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, to ensure they are able to deliver best-in-class digital advertising. You will also help companies to measure the impact of their media activity using a variety of tracking technologies.
Due to the growing importance of digital data and analytics within organisations, you will play a crucial role in helping clients to transform not just their advertising, but their overall approach to business.
Life as a Senior Advertising Data & Technology Consultant at Merkle
- Lead and oversee discovery sessions with clients to deeply understand their businesses, and transform their complex needs into simple technology requirements
- Advise clients on how their advertising & audience technologies should be setup and integrated with each other
- Lead the presentation of architecture proposals to clients and win buy-in for your recommendation from senior points of contacts
- Train the client, their teams and their agency partners on how you’ve architected and implemented their advertising & audience technologies, and how they should adhere to the best practices you’ve defined moving forwards
- Be an expert on various Tag Management System (including Google Tag Manger) to implement media measurement technologies
- Drive commercials and technical relationships with media, measurement, data and analytics companies
- Work with technical vendor personnel to suggest and test product improvements
- Manage a team of more junior Advertising Data & Technology Consultants to ensure they are delivering best-in-class work and developing appropriately
- Support in the advancement of existing services lines and development of others
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
- It is anticipated the appropriate candidate will have circa 6+ years digital marketing, advertising and/or analytics experience
- Strong knowledge of the Google Marketing Platform stack
- Experience with working directly with senior clients and/or senior internal stakeholders, including leading meetings and presentations
- You will also likely align with the following:
- Able to quickly absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to both technical and non-technical clients alike
- Have a natural desire to learn everything possible about a given system, and will question not just what something is, but why it works in the way it does
- Naturally adopts a considered and detail-oriented approach to projects; you will be the sort of people who thinks through all important aspects of something before making a clear and confident decision
- Is enthusiastic and confident and can interact well with people of all levels personally and professionally. You will enjoy interacting with colleagues and clients
- Has a passion for passing on knowledge and teaching other people
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.