Alliance Sales Director, Americas - Google
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Alliance Sales Director (ASD) will be primarily responsible for originating new business opportunities through the Google Alliance to grow Merkle’s services business. The ASD will also be responsible for driving attributed Merkle-influenced software-revenue for Google. The scope of the role is to lead Merkle’s relationships across the Google alliance product areas of Google Cloud Platform and Google Marketing Cloud (the latter resulting from the recent combination of Google Analytics with Doubleclick).
Responsibilities include owning the co-selling relationship with Google and driving sales and marketing programs directly with our partner's sales and marketing teams. Acting as a subject matter expert with Google, the ASD will help drive new sales at existing clients and new logos. Pursuit and successful closure of new opportunities originated by the ASD will be coordinated with Merkle’s Enterprise Sales Team or Merkle’s Client Partner Team, and as warranted with Google sales personnel. This role will play a key part in driving wins at the most strategic accounts to support the success of our alliance program.
- Develops lead flow and coordinates closely with Google sales, Merkle sales and client partners.
- Trains and supports Google Partner Sales Managers who match Google opportunities with the alliance partners they know, trust and believe will best help close deals for Google.
- Executes your duties aligned with the approved sales plan for Merkle services for Google and Merkle-influenced Google license revenue.
- Delivers, and contributes to, the joint narrative between Merkle and Google in cooperation with Merkle solution owners.
- Cross-functionally support internal teams in identifying, developing and closing new business.
- Lead Google Alliance enablement including participation in go-to-market activities, deal-registration / incentives, and management of Merkle virtual presence with Google.
- Drive the Google alliance to higher levels of maturity across the Merkle Alliance Partner framework: Sales, Marketing, Enablement, Joint Initiatives, Delivery.
- Contribute through internal teams to develop alliance partner offerings and go-to-market strategy.
- Assist in managing the Google Power Map and advance Merkle’s thesis into the Google team.
- Execute solutions to meet the unique business needs of clients and effectively position the same.
- Enter and track all opportunities in CRM portals to managed progress toward performance goals.
- Position Merkle as a leader in the Google partner ecosystem with access to senior Google leadership.
- Achieve alliance metric targets across pipeline, sales (TCV, ACV), win rate, and in-year revenue.
- Increase Google alliance maturity across the dimensions of the Merkle Alliance Partner Framework.
- Operate within assigned budget.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of overall professional experience.
- Minimum of five years in digital media, marketing, consultative or alliance sales experience.
- Domain knowledge in marketing technology and ad technology.
- Google experience and relationships a major plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital agency marketplace.
- Develop strong internal relationships within respective Verticals, Business Units and across Merkle
Location: Bay Area, CA, New York City or other top US market with large Google presence
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.