Digital Experience Senior Associate
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle is looking to introduce a Digital Experience Senior Associate to its DX team to work side by side with the DX Manager and help shape and deliver differentiating digital experiences for our clients.
The role entails working across DX strategy, taking into account data-driven UX and UI design disciplines in order to create high performance Digital Experiences. We are looking for someone to help drive and shape our Digital Experience projects, working closely with the client to understand, define and achieve their strategic goals.
The DX Senior Associate will work closely with the DX Manager to manage projects of work that will touch on DX analysis, DX vision and roadmap development, KPI & Design Principle definition, UX including persona development, as well as the technical implementation and measurement of digital experience platforms. Projects will vary from complete re-designs of websites, apps or other digital platforms, to business as usual projects which focus on maintaining and optimising the current Digital Experience.
This role is an opportunity to help with the evolution of the DX team to ensure that our Digital Experiences are always measureable and measured from both a behavioural data perspective as well as a usability perspective, so that we can quantify, manage and optimise our Digital Experience outputs. The DX Senior Associate will work with our analytics teams to bring the data life through visualisation and story telling.
The DX Senior Associate will work closely with clients as well as across a wide variety of different Merkle teams, both here in London and internationally in order to deliver on our goals. These include but are not limited to; CRO, Analytics, Creative & Media. People & relationship management is central to this role, as well as ensuring that the customer remains at the heart of the decision making process, always.
Life as a DX Senior Associate at Merkle
- Work across a diverse range of projects, clients and industries
- Deliver across the full DX spectrum of strategy, insight, innovation, creation, testing, measurement and optimisation
- Create and carryout current-state audits of existing sites to assess the current state and look for opportunities to improve
- Understand consumer needs, perform competitive analysis, user testing and develop insight to aid in the development of the digital experience strategy and inform design decisions
- Visualise concepts to represent user journeys, personas, goals and information models
- Work closely with clients and other teams to quickly hone your craft and grow as a DX practitioner
- Work with optimisation teams and data specialists to develop testing and optimisation plans to further improve designs
- Further enhance your knowledge and experience with training, conferences, events.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- In-house games room with pool table etc
- In-house HD cinema with movie nights
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- Circa 3 years working within digital, including circa 2 years working within an insight or data driven role
- Circa 1 years experience working on website or app based projects
- Be an excellent communicator and feel confident in a client-facing role
- An inquisitive and creative mind set, with the ability to empathise with the end user
- Ability to apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to produce insights that help our clients improve their Digital Experiences
- Proficient use of data platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics & Google Search Console
- Experience successfully applying insights as part of a ‘test and learn’ approach
- Confidence to use data insights to define, challenge and support customer & business requirements
- Understanding of core web design, with a background in creating, user flows, process flows & experience maps
- Understanding of tools such as Adobe Experience Manager or a similar CMS would be beneficial
- Preferably, you will have experience working in an agency environment, but this is not mandatory
- Other responsibilities of the Senior DX Associate will include contributing to proposals and supporting sales literature, planning and attending client workshops, project requirements gathering, scope definition and creating clear and engaging project documentation
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.