Junior CRO Analyst (technical) - London
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Our Digital Analytics team is rapidly expanding – we’re on the lookout for someone who’s intelligent, technically-minded and logical to join us.
In this role you will be supporting the delivery of successful and effective conversion rate optimization campaigns for a range of clients. You will be involved end-to-end from assessing client requirements & generating ideas through to coding website experiences in a range of experimentation platforms such as Optimizely, Google Optimize and Adobe Target. This role offers a perfect balance of client interaction, creativity and hands-on coding.
We are looking for someone to join in the near future.
Due to Covid-19 we have had to alter our recruitment strategy carefully to match the business needs. We have decided to continue to interview and pipeline for all our open roles. However, we wish to be completely honest and transparent at this time. We may not be able to make an official offer with an immediate start date at the end of the recruitment process. We still really want to meet you and assess you for the role, although you may experience a delay with any offer depending on the business requirements.
Life in this role:
You will get your hands dirty from day one as you begin our fantastic training programme. In hardly any time, you’ll be an expert in our field and your role will cover the full spectrum of conversion rate optimisation work:
· Building a wide variety of different experiments in multiple optimisation platforms using web languages
· Planning and prioritising experiment builds in line with our testing strategy to meet the client’s targets
· Creating extensive QA test plans and conducting quality assurance on new test builds across browsers and devices
· Running quantitative and qualitative research on clients’ customers to identify insights to inform hypotheses and test ideas
· Analysing and evaluating the results of A/B tests and recommending next steps to clients
· Communication of test results both to direct client contacts and across wider teams in order to maximise the benefit of our learning
· Day-to-day account management and face-to-face contact with multiple clients on a daily basis
· Support in implementing tracking solutions to measure onsite performance using tag management tools such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch
Communication - Excellent presentation and communication skills
Design - Design skills are key. You will need to take insights, from data and then create a mock up of the website changes or suggestions you wish to make based on what the data has shown you. You must have an eye for being able to visualise and mock up you're ideas.
Detail - Keen eye for detail & problem-solving nature
Analytical - You must be interested to dig into data and discover insights you can use as recommendations for your client.
Curiosity - Curious mind-set and a desire to gain insight from data to drive actionable recommendations for clients
Work Ethic - The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
Ability to think creatively and strategically
What’s a bonus:
· Some understanding of web analytics tools such as Google/Adobe Analytics would be beneficial
· Experience of working with web optimisation tools would be preferable but not essential – ideally Optimizely, Google Optimize or Adobe Target
· Some technical knowledge of Single Page Application development frameworks such as React, AngularJS, etc. and/or mobile app development is desirable but not required
We welcome new joiners from all backgrounds; you can be freshly graduated, someone with an apprenticeship or a person looking for a change of career. We're open to anyone whose passionate about analytics and Coding, who can display that passion and research throughout the interview process.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
In this position, you will be focusing solely on CRO (Conversion-Rate-Optimisation) so we will want to see a passion and enthusiasm for this area. This interest can be showcased in your research and ability to go above and beyond when looking into this area.
· Application – When you apply you will be asked a couple of questions to showcase your interest in CRO.
· Video Interview – If your application is successful you will be asked to complete a video interview (they sound scarier than they are, we promise!). The video interview is a chance for us to get to know more about you and your knowledge and recent research. Think about looking into CRO, Google analytics, tools, platforms, metrics etc
· In Office Interview - If successful after a video interview then you would progress to the in-office interview. This is a chance for you to come to the office, meet us in person, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and research in person. You will also be given a coding test so you can showcase your coding ability.
· Final Interview – If you reach the final interview, you will be asked to put together a CRO presentation, based off a pretend client brief. We will be looking to see your technical ability, insights you've drawn from the data and your design skills when putting together the presentation.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
If you have any special requirements or needs throughout the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate these.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
· Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
· On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
· The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
· On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
· Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
To be honest, the best way to learn about what it's like to be part of Merkle is to check out our social media pages at @MerkleUK!
The Analytics team partner closely with Google and Adobe and are regular beta testers gaining first access to new features. We also provide an extensive training program leading to certifications in our core platforms.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.