Senior Email Developer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
As a Senior Email Developer you will play a pivotal role in maintaining client satisfaction and loyalty by providing exceptional services to a vast array of clients. You will be responsible for the creation of HTML Email Campaigns and provide email best practice guidelines.
You will be responsible for keeping up to date with what trends and technologies are emerging within the email marketing landscape and how bringing this into Merkle can enhance the overall offering for our clients.
Quality Assurance is a significant task within the role – you will need to ensure flawless Email Campaign execution regardless of scale and complexity.
The role may require travel to our client sites based within London.
Life as a Senior Email Developer at Merkle
The role will be focused on Email Campaign Delivery with hands on delivery of the client’s requirements including:
- Hands on HTML campaign production (email development, rendering optimization, dynamic rules) and deployment (content set up within deployment tool, applying segmentation, deployment scheduling, quality assurance)
- Work with internal teams and or client teams in coordinating and communicating content change requests
- Being aware and having a proactive, mindful “eye” to problem identification and mitigation (associated with execution of HTML Email Campaigns); capable and confident problem-solving skills; recognizing when and to whom to escalate and issues; utilizing knowledge and experience to avoid repeat/similar problems in the future
- Ensure all work being produced meets the highest standards, error free and delivered on time
- Continuously seeking to improvise and receptive to change
- Serve as an expert on email best practices and educating others
- Keep up with industry standards and new best practices in email development
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Dreamweaver)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and ability to create HTML emails from scratch
- Circa 2 years experience
- Proficient with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Proficiency with understanding data (Desirable)
- Proficient coding ability with Liquid HTML (Desirable)
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.