Big Data & Database Quality Assurance Engineer
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Are you looking to develop your Quality Assurance (QA) skills in a big data environment? Would you like to be part of a multicultural team and company? Do you think outside the box? Come and join our team!
We're looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and creative QA Engineer to integrate into our growing teams working across a diverse mix of clients.
As part of your daily work you will:
- Participate in translating High Level requirements into comprehensive test plans and test case design
- Implement, execute and maintain the proposed test case scenarios
- Be involved in all phases of the development cycle (from Analysis to Delivery).
- Be accountable for delivering a valuable increment to the business in every sprint.
- Contribute to continuously improving your team’s way of working.
- Provide component support to client needs.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding international technology consultancy, where you will gain an excellent understanding of the software development cycle using Agile methodologies and will be exposed to the newest development technologies. Be part of our professional, collaborative, fun and friendly work environment, where everyone can make a difference.
At a minimum, you have…
- Technical background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software design, engineering computer science, engineering telecommunications)
- 1+ years’ experience in the Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering domain at a software or data-driven company
- 1+ years’ experience understanding of QA methodologies and the role of QA in the software development lifecycle
- 1+ years’ experience in creating a test plan and detailed test cases to achieve an efficient test coverage of the feature
- Understanding the basic concepts of Databases, for example, ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processing
- SQL basic knowledge and have a keen interest in databases
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures; must be able to read and write effectively in English at a business-professional level
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic working environment, learn quickly and solve problems
- Ability to interpret technical and business objectives and needs
It will be a plus, if you have…
- Experience working in big data or public cloud data environment
- Experience with test automation
- You have worked with Bugs and Task management systems (e.g. JIRA)
- DevOps basic knowledge
- Basic knowledge about GDPR Compliance legislation
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University (which includes access to Lynda.com and Skillsoft).
- Breakfast Box on your birthday.
- Fruit, coffee, tea, cookies available in the office.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.