Lead System Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The Lead System Architect (LSA) will design, develop, and implement exceptional technical solutions build on Pega 7 platform for our clients in any industry. In this role, you will manage a team of technical resources and their technical implementation tasks to ensure work is delivered on-time and on-budget. The client will take full advantage of your consistently demonstrated knowledge of industry standard project delivery frameworks including Agile, Waterfall & Scrum.
Just as any team lead, you will be called upon to effectively troubleshoot technical issues as they arise during the project lifecycle. Mentoring more junior CSSA and CSA team members on on-going basis is a must. We also expect participation in internal Merkle Pega projects to help grow the Merkle Pega brand and expertise.
Life as a Lead System Architect at Merkle
- We are largest global implementation partner for Pega Marketing and Decisioning implementations with Pegasystems
- A rapidly growing Merkle Pega Practice and great opportunity to work with multitude of clients across UK and EMEA regions
- The opportunity to make a tangible impact on Merkle Pega Practice as well as our market-leading clients
- A fun and friendly environment that is collaborative, fast, yet professional!
- Regular, personal interaction with the Merkle Pega leadership team and senior leadership of our clients.
- Opportunity for accelerated recognition and rewards, where you’ll see your contributions and great ideas directly impact our business
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
- It is anticipated the appropriate candidate will have circa 7+ years of progressive Pega experience in building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions and applications
- A positive attitude and self-motivated with a thirst for knowledge
- LSA certification is mandatory (Pega 7 preferred)
- Ability to travel to client locations (i.e. UK, EMEA) at least 50% but may be more
- Experience in designing and implementing BPM/CRM solutions on a large scale while applying best practices to the solution
- Strong hands-on technical skills
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.