Junior Project Manager / Creative Delivery Associate
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
As a Creative Delivery Associate, you will sit within the Creative Team and support the Delivery Manager with the planning, management and delivery of client work coming in and out of the Creative department. You will also see your own projects through from inception to execution, overseeing the process along the way while ensuring the work is of the highest standard, fulfilling the brief and delivered on time and within budget. To do this, you will work collaboratively both within the creative team and across other Merkle departments, external agencies and with the clients.
In addition to this you will also support the Creative Director / Department head and Creative Delivery Managers on department finances, resource planning and capacity management. Helping to ensure that client accounts are resourced effectively, profitable and capacity is managed for the varied roles within the Creative team.
You will be the sort of person who gets a kick out of being organised – making sure things run smoothly and efficiently comes second nature to you. A natural love of process and documentation, a keen eye for detail with a good head for budgets. You’ll need to have the ability to cope well with the demands of agency life and able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
Life as a Creative Delivery Associate at Merkle
· Work closely with the Creative Delivery Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Creative Team’s schedule
· Responsible for the management of own creative projects from brief to fulfillment
· Formulate project-based documentation such as SOWs, cost estimates, timing plans and production schedules ensuring they follow agency process
· Act as the comms lead on projects, keeping all stakeholders (both internal and external) up to date and picking up day to day requests and ensuring they are actioned
· Successfully manage client expectations and challenge briefs/feedback/requests where necessary
· Liaising with clients, creatives and other Merkle teams to define the project scope and agree deliverables
· Work closely with the creatives to ensure work is delivered on time, on brief and to the highest standard
· Keen to learn about all aspects of studio management, project management and production
· Project Management or Account Management experience desirable
· Team management - a real team player who loves working collaboratively and has an instinct for liaising with creatives
· Time management – High levels of organisation with brilliant multi-tasking skills to manage multiple projects at once
· Client relations – keen to liaise with clients and key stakeholders
· Accounting / finance – estimates and budget management are an important aspect of the role (no experience needed but enthusiasm for finance related tasks is a must)
· Flexible and Adaptable
· Comfortable being able to push back on requests when needed (both to clients and internally)
· Comfortable in spotting and communicating issues that need to be escalated to their line manager or the Creative Director
· MS Office – Comfortable in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· An interest for creative, advertising and digital experience
· A self-starter with the ability to work independently
· A great and confident communicator, being able to build strong relationships
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done.
Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
If you have any special requirements or needs throughout the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate these.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
· Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
· On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
· The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
· On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
· Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
To be honest, the best way to learn about what it's like to be part of Merkle is to check out our social media pages at @MerkleUK!
The Analytics team partner closely with Google and Adobe and are regular beta testers gaining first access to new features. We also provide an extensive training program leading to certifications in our core platforms.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.