Frontend Software Engineer
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Do you want to use your Front-End development skills in a large project for a top-class company? Do you want to keep learning on a dynamic and fun environment? Then, come with us!
We are 10 min away from the beach in the middle of Barcelona’s “Silicon Valley”. With over 30 nationalities and a strong after work culture, you will be surrounded by people from all over the world giving you the opportunity to learn about different cultures and ways of working.
Are you ready for this challenge? IF YOU ARE, WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU!
- Young, creative, and dynamic agile team
- Opportunity for personal growth & professional development
- Great friendly and international environment
- A company in constant evolution and with growth plans
- Technical background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineer, computer science, telecommunications engineer).
- Experience with Frameworks like React and Redux or similar.
- Experience with control versioning systems (GIT, SVN, etc.).
- Ability to develop following the TDD approach.
- Ability to work in team based environment.
- Ability to interpret technical and business objectives.
- Working experience in software development (2+ years).
- Good English.
What would you do?
You will be joining a Scrum team as a Full Stack Developer for a customer-oriented application used in a large company in Europe. As part of your daily work, you will collaborate with the other developers in the team as well as the QAs and the key contacts in our client-side.
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University (which includes access to Lynda.com and Skillsoft).
- Breakfast Box on your birthday.
- Fruit, coffee, tea, cookies available in the office.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.