User Interface - Visual Design Lead - Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
*Remote will be considered for this position.*
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled marketing agency specializing in the implementation and integration of measurable marketing programs. The agency combines strategic planning, brand design, and leading technologies to deliver complete marketing solutions for clients.
We are currently looking for an UI Design Lead. This person will lead a small team of designers and collaborate with UX experts, strategists and our technical team to develop well thought out and smartly crafted user experiences.
• Deliver beautifully simple and strategically sound experiences that users can relate to.
• Determine the best way to represent a concept visually while meeting strategic objectives and maintaining brand integrity.
• Collaborate with Creative Director and develop creative/strategic briefs to define project scope, resource allocations, and meet stated business objectives and initiatives.
• Lead projects from concept to completion, while reviewing, commenting, elevating, and approving creative from other designers.
• Lead and mentor a small team of designers, and oversee the creative output and workload allocations for the team.
• Collaborate with other designers, strategists, account executives, developers, and clients.
• Present and defend ideas with clarity to internal teams and clients.
• Inspire those around you by thinking beyond the obvious to create effective and beautiful experiences.
A Little Bit About You:
· You are meticulous and methodical in your approach to design—small details matter to you.
· You think holistically about design systems and UI patterns.
· You’re a critical thinker, problem solver, and storyteller—and you can deliver on these visually.
· You lead by example and are constantly striving to elevate and encourage those around you.
· You’re an improver and you’re generous with your skills and your knowledge.
· You are confident enough in your abilities that you handle critiques well and leave ego out of it.
· You know your tools well, and you know the most important one is between your ears.
• 8+ years of proven leadership experience working on large scale web projects and apps.
• Ability to think strategically on your own as well as in a group.
• Ability to create strong brands and be a steward for already established brands.
• Ability to create thoughtful, creative solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Exceptional verbal presentation and written communication skills.
• Exceptional team building and team management skills.
• Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Professional demeanor with a kind heart and an uncompromising passion for great work.
• Superb organizational skills to coordinate complicated projects over extended timelines.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (including XD), Sketch, and comfortable in Figma.
• Working knowledge of process/product hand-off tools (i.e. Zeplin, Abstract, Invision, Jira, Confluence)
• Ability to talk technical jargon with developer team, but no coding skills necessary.
• Ability to build strong relationships and generate opportunities for repeat business.
• Willingness to travel as needed.
• Motion design and interactive prototyping (e.g. Adobe After Effects, Principle, Marvel, etc.).
• Experience in leading, directing, and coordinating photo and/or video shoots.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.