Senior Software Engineer - Remote
Hi there – we’re Filter. We’re the in-house powerhouse for global enterprise companies and aspiring brands alike. To each we bring veteran expertise, executional horsepower and a strong creative spark across disciplines in UX, digital marketing, and emerging technology solutions.
And we’re growing. We’re looking for innovators, problem solvers, collaborators and leaders, smart people who can take us to the next level – and grow and prosper with us along the way.
We are looking for a senior-level full-stack, Rails engineer to help us build and support our platforms and services. This engineer plays a critical role in all aspects of Merkle’s Promotion and Loyalty Services software projects. They contribute to business requirements gathering, use case development, technical specification analysis, system design, and software architecture. They are responsible for writing code, testing, reviewing peer code, and providing support for large development projects.
- Problem solve through the careful application of technology and process
- Write high quality, tested, high-capacity and maintainable software
- Design modern, reliable and reusable systems
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks
- Write technical specifications, run-time instructions, training materials and architecture documentation for Merkle P&LS systems
- Help develop best practices, technology efficiencies, and streamline workflow
- Design data models and write efficient queries in MySQL
- Collaborate in design and code reviews
- Maintain loyalty platforms and contribute to new features and custom client specifications
- Collaborate with wider Merkle Promotions and Loyalty teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems
- Interact with internal and external clients to develop business and technical specification materials
- Significant expertise and depth in developing scalable solutions in Ruby, Rails, and SQL (MySQL)
- Competent with Version Control tools
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 8+ years of Technology Industry experience
- Enterprise-class web application experience
- Experience and comfort working within an iterative Agile project management process
- Experience in automated software testing, real-time system integration, database programming, web programming, and cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- JAVA would be a plus
Please note that these are W2 opportunities only. We do not provide H1B visa sponsorship or work Corp to Corp.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.