Paid Social Senior Media Specialist
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are looking for an analytically minded Paid Social Senior Media Specialist for Merkle’s New Stream Media Group. This position has a focus on Paid Social channels. You will have the opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast growing business unit focused on revolutionizing digital media planning and buying, in the context of a multi-channel data driven approach. We are looking for experienced, self-motivated and passionate professionals who want to be part of an innovative team in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Using your analytical mindset, you will be responsible for the strategy, execution, performance and reporting of Paid Social campaigns of one of our clients across multiple platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.)
- Daily optimization and management of campaigns within individual DSPs and Platforms
- RFP’ing media vendors and evaluating publisher capabilities and new opportunities
- Working with Merkle optimization Subject Matter Expert, you will maintain awareness of new marketing platforms and techniques, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques
- Building Trafficking sheets to share with the trafficking team to generate through 3rd party ad server tools such as Campaign Manager and implementing ad tags and creative in DSPs and with vendors
- Pixel and tag generation, implementation and quality assurance
- Budget management including: assistance in allocation of monthly budgets, issuance/revisions of monthly insertion orders, oversight of client’s billing and financial reconciliation on a monthly and quarterly basis and resolution of media invoice and ad service fee discrepancies
- Analyzing campaign performance and providing optimization recommendations
- 1-2 years' experience working in paid social platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat etc.)
- CPG, eRetail, or eComm experience preferred
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be passionate about media and the technologies used to support online and/or mobile advertising operations: ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, HTML, XML, and third-party ad tags
- MUST love and be curious about data analytics and how that affects the bottom line
- Experience with digital ads trafficking is a plus (Campaign Manager, Media Ocean, Prisma, etc.)
- Well versed in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-pace environment
- Self-motivated, but also can work well in a team
- Ability to proactively organize daily tasks and make your own to do list
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Enthusiasm for the future of people-based and brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
- Will need to be flexible on working Pacific Time hours as needed
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.