Program Manager- Digital Experience
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle Digital Experience is seeking a Program Manager to drive and deliver a multi-platform digital transformation.
The Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the Project Management Office (PMO) for the specific client. Responsibilities include scoping and planning, budgeting and reporting, team resource allocation pacing, onboarding, and deliverable management spanning multiple work streams, including marketing, site design and development, CRM, e-commerce, and analytics.
The role will be supported by workstream level project managers, client services, and other strategy, analytics, creative, content, Web experience design, campaign, web, e-commerce, and CRM technology subject matter experts and on-shore and off-shore development resources.
This role requires proven program management expertise, client management and communication skills, experience with agile and waterfall software implementation methodology, site design and implementation, and delivery best practices. The Program Manager is expected to understand how multiple complex workstreams come together to create a singular product for our client. Experience leading a high-performance, multi-discipline team is also required.
- Manage Program Management Operations (PMO) and delivery efforts working with distributed onshore and offshore team of 40+ resources across multiple agency service-lines, operating units, work track level project managers and client stakeholders to achieve defined digital transformation business objectives.
- Manage project management relations with a team of client resources and project subject matter experts
- Develop and own master program plan encompassing 10-15 interdependent work tracks
- Manage program financials including, program budget, retained team allocation commitments, program performance reporting and budget burndown reporting in conjunction with work track level project managers
- Project management and implementation leadership across these key areas:
- Integrated Merkle and client project management operations
- User experience and user interface design
- Enterprise CMS and web technology implementation
- Enterprise Ecommerce implementation
- Enterprise CRM sales enablement platform implementation and optimization
- Platform integrations
- User acceptance testing
- Website Analytics
· Adhere to Merkle Finance processes and procedures related to solutions delivery.
· Adhere to Merkle Legal processes and procedures related to technology solutions delivery
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Self-starter and results driven
- Proven track record of managing large scale web and marketing technology engagements
- 7-10+ years’ experience with waterfall and/or agile project methodologies for Digital Marketing, website and ecommerce design, development, and technology deployments
- Experience indirectly managing teams of 30+ resources across multiple functional areas
- Experience managing in an environment with multi-country/cultural teams
- Ability to thrive in a highly matrixed and geographically dispersed team and client environment on multiple interdependent work tracks and priorities under pressure
- Demonstrated history of working with external clients or internal business partners
- Ability to speak and present at the executive level (e.g. VP, SVP, COO, CEO)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to present to large groups
- Proficient in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel, MS Project, Jira and Confluence
- Ability to travel in the US and internationally when necessary up to 25% of time
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager, Magento, Adobe Analytics, and/or Salesforce SalesCloud platform
- Certified Scrum Master training
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.