Senior Content Writer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.Job Description.
We are looking for a senior content writer with the ability to concept, write and occasionally edit content, including website copy, thought leadership pieces, articles/blog posts, and more. The candidate should be able to tell a cohesive, engaging story from start to finish and make it their mission to find human relevance in all things. Someone who can write copy for large-scale websites or white paper with as much dexterity as a blog post – across any industry. The candidate should produce bold, strategic, persuasive messages in all executions for agency clients.
- Remarkable leadership in bringing to life the concept and execution of groundbreaking solutions for content marketing initiatives
- A keen understanding of the needs, motivations, and aspirations of client audiences to speak to them in the most effective, compelling, engaging way possible
- A masterful ability to leverage and optimize relevant resources (including occasional desktop research) to ensure that projects stay on-task and on-brief
- Inspires self and others to produce exceptional work
- Collaborate with content strategy, UX, and UI staff to ensure creation of consistent, on-strategy, and original content
- Detects any vital disconnects and works with content strategy, UX, and UI to mitigate them as the piece develops
- Delivers presentations to senior creative and/or account personnel, as well as clients
- Maintains communication with senior staff and project managers concerning status of jobs
- Creates and completes projects on time within budget and page-count constraints.
- 6+ years of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Writing experience for websites and long-form pieces such as white papers is a must
- Portfolio will reflect writing for breadth of industries
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package
- A strong record in creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
- Excellent communication and grammar skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Keen attention to detail and timescales; precision when working with stats and citations
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques — especially regarding digital transformation
- Confidence in building a rapport with clients and nurturing good working relationships
- English fluency
Remote considered for this role
Please include a link to samples of your copywriting that show experience writing for a variety of marketing channels and/or brands. This may include web pages, apps, social copy, emails, print ads, data sheets, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.