Backend Tech Lead
Merkle | Sokrati, a leader in Digital Marketing and Analytics, managing Digital Marketing campaigns for several large brand clients in India. We are currently a 750+ people team; and growing extremely fast to gain more market share and roll out even cooler technology solutions in Digital Advertising space.
The Java TL owns API and integrations capabilities/teams. The TL values simplicity and is unafraid to challenge technical constraints and procedures to achieve an Agile design. The TL works closely with all team members to create a modular, scalable solution that addresses/incorporates future architectural changes and designs. The TL will drive the teams engineering practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated
deployment. The TL is a hands on team member who actively coaches the team to solve complex problems.
▪ Prepare low level designs for team members, in collaboration with Solution/Software Architect
▪ Guides project teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration and automated deployment
▪ Accountable for the technical design of the product
▪ Be hands on and engage in coding to help the team to develop his solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand Identifies and removes technical impediments
▪ Works with Product Owner to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack
▪ Thought partners with the Product owner in story creation and acceptance criteria, and communicate tradeoffs effectively with Designers
▪ Constantly looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
▪Provides the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
▪ Shares responsibility with Product Owner for building reusable and scalable components
▪ Reporting to Engineering Lead, aligning team members performance and technical problem solving.
▪ 8 + YoE , Seen as expert in developing backend integration and REST API using Spring
framework Java/Kotlin, micro service and native cloud
▪ Can assist and support in making architecture decisions at a team and product level
Seasoned software developer Java, Kotlin, Spring boot, Spring cloud, Junit, NoSQL DB, In memory cache, API Gateway, Design Patterns, Logging, Spring Security, Maven, with deep insight into newest technologies such as Python.
▪ Hands on experience in production Cloud Docker, DevOps CI/CD environments
▪ Nice to have experience in Azure DevOps, Jenkins, CircleCI , Kubernetes, apigee ,
OpenAPI ,Gradle, and Linux shell scripting.
▪ Experience in Agile Development, Scrum and/or Kanaban
▪ Understands relationship with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Design Lead and rest of
▪ Experience managing technical priorities and dependencies within the Backlog
▪ Strong communication skills with ability to align the organization on complex technical
▪ Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team s potential
▪ High energy and passionate individual who inspires teammates to reach them
▪ Excited about trying new solutions outside standard approved
▪ Embraces a culture of trust, free thought complete transparency
▪ Brave and rebellious, willing to challenge status quo
- An opportunity to work with one of India’s most promising companies in a genuine growth hacking role
- Unparalleled learning opportunities in the company of ridiculously smart folks with very high levels of expertise in their respective functions
- Fantastically transparent, vibrant and positive work culture