Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the dentsu international.
Merkle China is headquartered in Shanghai, with 2 additional offices in Beijing and Nanjing.
We are looking for a Digital Analyst for Merkle’s Digital Optimization team, which is responsible for providing analysis, insight and optimization recommendations for our e-commerce execution across brand site, APP and social. You will have the opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast growing team focused on revolutionizing e-commerce personalization, in the context of a multi-channel data driven approach.
We are looking for analytical, passionate, and experienced professionals who want to be part of an innovative team in a rapidly evolving industry. This position will work closely with Merkle and other Dentsu Aegis Network agencies in the APAC countries.
The Digital Analyst provides analysis that informs and improves the effectiveness of the planning, execution and optimization of marketing strategy. You will tie the optimization metrics to the strategic intent of campaigns and the underlying business objectives.
The Digital Optimization team works closely with the Analytics, Platform, Data and Solution teams across DAN and Merkle’s offices in the US and/or in APAC. Together, these teams work collaboratively to plan, execute, measure, and optimize advertising initiatives for our clients. We’re looking for an analytical and digital-savvy problem solver to help launch, troubleshoot, and measure client campaigns across multiple industry leading ad platforms, all while improving existing processes through initiatives of automation, documentation, and scale. The ideal candidate is curious and tenacious in solving problems, as well as an expert communicator – comfortable translating complex details to audiences of different technical knowledge.
· Leverage solutions and tools to provide recommendations on driving client’s campaigns and objectives
· Develop proficiency in programming (Python/R/SQL/SAS) to operate independently on assigned tasks
· Manage campaign timelines and deliverables across internal and external teams
· Partner with Merkle’s US and APAC teams to help drive services and delivery at scale
· Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes
This position reports to the Manager, Digital Optimization.
What This Position Requires
· 1 year’s working experience with Python / R / SQL / SAS, web analytics, media analytics or high-level scripting language
· Strong skills in Excel formula, PPT, SQL, Tableau / Power BI / Datorama (or similar visualization tool)
· Mathematics/statistics skills and natural affinity for numbers
· Good communication skills. Strong English speaking and writing skills
· Bachelor’s degree or above in Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Economics, Finance or Engineering required
· Strong work ethic and drive to learn as much as possible within the digital marketing space
What makes you stand out?
· Working experience in related (quantitative) capability
· Familiarity with digital marketing channel (Paid Search, Organic Search, Paid Social, Earned Social, Display, Email)
· Hands-on experience with one of site analytics platforms such as Adobe/Omniture, Google Analytics, IBM/CoreMetrics, WebTrends, etc is a plus but not required
· Solid understanding of digital marketing, databases and database marketing principles
· Familiarity with DMPs, tag management platforms such as Telium, Ensighten, etc is a plus
· Experience with predictive modeling is a plus but not required
· Sharp problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· An entrepreneurial spirit, desire to "change the game", self-starter attributes