Software Design Engineer
Merkle|Sokrati, a leader in Paid Search & Social Advertising, provides a sophisticated technology solution to efficiently manage Digital Marketing campaigns for several large brand clients in India. The platform deals with 20M+ impressions per day, real-time optimization algorithms, a scalable & intuitive analytics platform and more – all developed in-house. We are currently a 800+ people team; and growing extremely fast to gain more market share and roll out even cooler technology solutions in Digital Advertising space.
To be a geek at Merkle| Sokrati you need to know how to build scalable and high-performance systems. Nothing at Sokrati is small. We start with a proof of concept that demands a traffic rate of 10M+! To achieve any of this you need to understand Distributed Systems, Distributed Caching, High-scale Databases. And we possess the skills to create software that makes this entire heterogeneous system function together even if it runs on 100 boxes. A system that is so widely used cannot sustain any downtime and hence it uses elegant high-availability techniques to survive an outage. Not many startups can say “been there, done that”!
@Merkle| Sokrati, you will:
- Be involved in full fledged product development.
- Build New Features, Push them to production fast.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Build services or APIs which will for easy application integrations at Sokrati to develop applications faster.
- Build scalable/fault-tolerant back end systems that process and analyze billions of data points every day.
- You will use every aspect of computer science you have learned or heard of. We believe in experimenting to facilitate more efficient systems.
- You will become an owner in no time. The company aspires in creating effective owners.
- You will participate in every aspect of Software Life Cycle. From inception, to design, to coding, to testing, to deployment and maintenance.
You'd fit right in if you have:
- 2-4 years of experience in building successful production software systems
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BE/BTech or MS in Computer Science)
- Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Good grasp of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Excellent with concepts of MVC and SOA
- Experience in building Web Services and API
- Experience in Full Stack Development
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, agile and in an ownership and results-oriented culture
- React JS / Angular JS / Any JS MVC
- CSS / HTML5
- Grunt / Babel / Jasmine / Selenium etc
- Java / Python
- Experience of working with frameworks, eg, Spring, Django, DRF etc
- Datastore: Mysql / Postgresql / Mongo etc
- Problem Solver, Solution Finder.
- Ability to use cloud services and open-source technologies for automation/configuration/monitoring.
- Know your way around a Unix shell
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Git/SVN for Version control
- Experience of code deployment and environment handling
- Complete Application/Module ownership
- Adherence to Security and Performance standards.
- Write clean structured and well-documented code
- Understand best coding and development practices
If you are excited about:
- Having an unmatched startup experience that allows you to work on bleeding-edge technologies.
- Making a splash in a multi-billion-dollar Digital Advertising industry
- Learning & Growing far beyond your current horizon
- A place full of like-minded & ridiculously smart folks
- A start-up culture that you'd cherish forever in your work life