Sr. Could Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle is looking for experienced Cloud professionals to be part of its Cloud practice. You will be working on industry leading public Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform to design, develop, and implement next generation Marketing solutions leveraging Cloud native and Commercial/Open Source Big Data technologies.
As a Senior Cloud Architect, you will
• be the force behind shaping the future of our Cloud practice by leading innovation efforts and developing Intellectual Property
• Evaluate and analyze new services/technologies offered by public Cloud providers, Big Data technology vendors
• Interface with Cloud/Technology provider’s Product Managers, and Engineers
• Develop reference architectures and design pattern library for typical Cloud based Marketing solutions implementations
• Participate in creating new services capabilities, productized solution offerings and document
• Advise on Cloud project set up, security and role based access implementation, and network optimizations
• Advise on DevOps strategy and methodology
• Conduct training and enablement programs for Merkle’s internal delivery teams
• Create customer facing pre-sales collateral such as demos, technical presentations
• Participate in crafting customer facing proposal responses
• Participate in technical interactions with client’s executives and senior management
• Participate in technical customer engagements such as Proof of Concepts, project delivery for key strategic opportunities.
• Architect End-End Enterprise grade Concept Solutions, facilitate discussions with business & IT stakeholders and highlighting the outcomes that can be delivered through these solutions.
• Be hands-on
• Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building technical and business relationships with senior executives
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow up
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
• Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations
• 5+ years of technical management and though leadership role delivering success in complex data analytics environment, managing various stakeholders relationships to get consensus on solution
• 5+ year’s design and/or implementation of highly distributed applications
• 2+ years’ experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to one or more industry leading public cloud(s)
• Experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with programming experience in one or more of the following areas: Java, Python, PHP, Perl
• Technical architectural and development experience on Massively Parallel Processing technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Teradata, Netezza, Hadoop
• Technical architectural and development experience on NoSQL technologies, such as Datastax Cassandra, MongoDB, AWS Keyspaces.
• Technical architectural and development experience on one or more Data Integration technologies, such as Ab Initio, Talend, Pentaho, Informatica, Data Stage, Map Reduce
• Technical architectural experience on Data Visualization technologies, such as Tableau, Qlik, etc.
• Technical architectural experience on data modeling, designing data structures for business reporting
• Deep understanding of Advanced Analytics, such as predictive, prescriptive, etc.
• Working knowledge of cloud components: Software design and development, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security
• Technical prowess and passion-especially for public Cloud, modern Application design practices and principles. Certifications on Cloud Platform preferred.
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to operations support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to both large and small audiences
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.