Technical Project Manager- Digital Experience
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
Many locations and remote work considered.
The Technical Project Manager is an integral part of a team focused on increasing efficiencies, decreasing turnaround times, process enhancements and enforcement, and process documentation. The TPM is responsible for facilitating cross-departmental workflow as it relates to Content Management System implementations, data management, custom integrations, and other incoming requests.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to display excellent verbal and written communications, proficient project management capabilities, and an aptitude for working with a team of experts to break down complicated technical objectives into simpler tasks.
- End to end project management
- Contribute to creation of the Statement of Work (SOW), define project scope including SOW document and baseline plan.
- Responsible for project estimation, project plan and project schedule
- Work with project team and other required stakeholders / resources to identify all project deliverables and associated tasks required to complete those deliverables.
- Work closely with customers, team members, functional leads, business analysts, sales personnel etc. to help scope solution and to resolve issues proactively
- Risk and Change Management - This includes risk identification, documentation and mitigation and issue resolution/ remediation. Ensuring alignment to SOW objectives and client satisfaction.
- Manage the program/ project’s vendor relationships, budget, timing, scope and deliverable
- Assist Client Lead on all aspects of account. Including but not limited to QBR, QPR, Change Management etc.
- Manage customer relationship and communication with all project team members and other participants to ensure conformance with the requirements of each project(s) and client user expectations.
- Provide regular status reporting, issues management and risk management for the project
- Leverages and contributes to standard implementation methodology
- Resource management – Resource Planning and Allocation
- Training, Mentoring etc
- MUST have a proven background in Project Management work.
- Experience with software development Agile projects
- Proven work history with the Agile Project Management Methodology
- 3-5 years overall PM experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Knowledge of and experience with Digital Customer Experience and journeys
- Strong client management skills; manage through challenging situations resulting in positive outcomes
- Ability to effectively and confidently interact with senior level resources both internally and with the client
- Ability to adapt to various conditions and situations; ability to tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure.
- Effective communication skills; ability to simplify and structure concepts to streamline interactions and highlight key points
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and desire to lead
- Ability to articulate key concepts and issues in oral and written communication
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills as well as an attention to detail
- Willingness to be available as project needs and timelines require
- High degree of personal integrity and accountability
- Ability to manage, delegate and use resources effectively
- Proven negotiation, conflict management and conflict resolution skills
- Deep knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Experience in a hands-on development role involving any of the following: programming, database developer, logical modeler, DBA
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet, Atlassian and other project management tools
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment consisting of geographically dispersed and highly matrixed teams
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.