Enterprise Sales Lead - Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. Merkle is part of dentsu and for more than 30 years, has partnered with Fortune 1000 companies to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Our heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for our unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive customer experience transformation.
Our combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC
The Enterprise Sales Lead is responsible for originating and closing significant new business services engagements as part of Merkle’s UK Sales team. These services engagements will span Merkle breadth of propositions to support our clients’ Customer Experience Transformation Agenda’s by combining data transformation, digital transformation and organizational agility.
The Merkle UK Sales Team is an extremely high performing team comprising the most talented and experienced sales professionals in the Customer Experience Industry. The team has a proud track record of winning business with many of the largest UK brands. If you have an enviable track record of sales success within the Marketing Technology, Services or Customer Experience space, and want to be part of this successful team and growth story, we want to hear from you.
This individual will be a highly motivated, well connected quick learner and a self-starter able to lead new logo sales efforts and also able to cross sell within and between capabilities across both Merkle and the Dentsu Group. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential. Career opportunity and financial rewards are unlimited at Merkle.
Merkle is a recognized market-leading Customer Experience agency. Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest Global marketing networks.
Merkle was recognized by Forrester as a leading Customer Database and Engagement Agency in their 2021 report. The following quote is taken directly from this report:
“Merkle has gone through a lot of change in the past five years, and its surprisingly stable leadership team has steered it with finesse. Four years after being acquired by Dentsu, Merkle’s strategic vision and roadmap are laser-focused on connecting customer experiences across sales, service, marketing, and commerce. At the same time, it still delivers operational excellence to those marketers who depend on it primarily for marketing databases and campaign management. As one reference told us, 'You can see their strategy coming to fruition through the acquisition; they play to the strengths of their network while keeping the management structure of the account really tight. They offer consistency and they offer new expertise at the same time.'
"Marketers who want an agency partner that can help them flex into a future without cookies and help them deploy a data and mar-tech strategy that goes beyond marketing to permission-based 1:1 customer 'conversations' should put Merkle on their short list. But know that this agency will challenge you to rethink your status quo in ways you might not be ready for. We’ll be watching Merkle closely as they pivot once again to compete more with systems integrators and big 5 consultancies.”
Life as an Enterprise Sales Lead at Merkle:
You will drive business growth for Merkle with new and existing accounts in several ways:
- Taking ownership of a set of new logo territory accounts from which to drive business
- Originating and responding to new logo opportunities and owning sales pursuit efforts for RFPs, with a highly talented and motivated support team
- Engaging closely with Merkle’s Global Technology Alliance Partners including Adobe, Salesforce and Pega
- Working with the UK Growth Leader and Capability Leaders to partner in closing new logo and new to existing client sales opportunities
- The qualification, upsell and cross-sell within and across our core capabilities
- Meet sales quota goals
- Successfully support the sales cycle and Client Partners and Consultants architecting Merkle’s solutions during the sales phase of a deal
- Analyse customer business goals, objectives, needs, process and existing infrastructure
- Apply business outcome-based sales principles and demonstrate relevant and transferable company experience in developing sales strategy, opportunity briefs and sales plans to drive new logo and client solution
- Understand the prospect and client decision making process and stakeholder/organisational map
- Establish trusted relationships with CMOs, COO’s, CDO’s and other client executives to originate new opportunities in new logo and existing accounts support new and existing accounts to position our capabilities
- Develops and maintains an accurate, high quality pipeline that is aligned to our company’s sales process
- It is anticipated the appropriate candidate will have circa 5+ years consultative sales experience
- Experience with Closing large, complex sales deals (origination experience a plus)
- Knowledge, understanding and track record of Marketing/CX marketplace
- Knowledge, understanding and track record of mar-tech and ad-tech marketplace
- Knowledge, understanding and track record of transformation projects – digital, CX and CRM
- Experience architecting complex solutions for large corporations (with technical support team)
- Experience in Financial Services, Insurance, Travel, Media, Telco, Entertainment, Non-Profit, High Tech or Retail will be an added advantage
- Strong ability and desire to prospect
- History of success working within an individual and team environment
- Must have a history of quota attainment
- Deep general business knowledge and acumen
- Innovative and creative
- Viewed as a thought leader in sales and well connected/networked
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills
- Ability to lead through influence over authority
- Strong collaboration capabilities are critical to this role
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.