Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market.
At Merkle, we help brands make the people-based marketing transformation. Using a combination of first- and third-party data, we create, target, and measure the highly customized customer experiences that not only drive immediate results in the form of today’s response and conversion, but also build tomorrow’s increased loyalty and customer value. At the heart of these solutions is Merkle’s deep heritage in the data, analytics, and technology capabilities that enable them.
Our capabilities span people-based marketing disciplines: customer strategy, performance media, customer experience and personalization, customer relationship management, loyalty marketing, and enterprise technology services. This have cross functional teams with a lot of skills and understanding of multiple capabilities, UI/UX, Frontend, Backend, Scalability, Security, Performance, Databases, Caches, Microservices, DevOps, SOA, Integration Patterns, etc.
As the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer, the candidate will be responsible for working closely with product owner along with a cross functional team to design and engineer solutions meeting customer B2C Commerce requirements. You will focus on engineering and delivering new B2C commerce capabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Provide Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) technology expertise for solution design and technical implementation
• Design, code, unit test, and code review iterative improvements to platform
• Ensure adherence to sound architecture
• Improving and maintaining engineering guidelines
• Stay current with digital commerce technology
• Drive technical process improvements to site release strategy
• Technical complexity reduction
• Translate business and marketing challenges into well-designed solutions.
• Collaborate cross functional team to determine best path for Salesforce platform implementation.
• Stay in tune with latest Salesforce technology updates, changes, community, and roadmap(s).
• Understand the ins and outs of complex technology environments and know how to optimize solutions for efficiency and simplicity
• Enjoy teaching and coaching the business team on how to best use Salesforce Commerce Cloud
• Maintain and document processes/procedures and provide seamless hand-off to business users to utilize.
• Certifications in Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C
• Knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C (Demandware) is required.
• Knowledge of digital commerce components such as users, catalog, pricing, inventory, and payment.
• Knowledge of digital commerce integration such as CMS, DAM, PIM, OMS, and ERP
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with non-technical personnel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Years of Related Professional Experience: 3
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or similar degrees
• 3 years experience in implementing Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C (Demandware) solutions
• Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C Storefront Reference Architecture (SFRA).
• Experience with git source control and collaboration tool such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack
• Experience agile development methodology
• Experience with web frameworks, interactive web development, responsive web design
• Experience with site speed optimization
• Experience and working knowledge of secure development practices