Digital Design Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We are looking for an experienced, highly creative Digital Design Lead to join our ever-growing Creative department. This individual must have a strong understanding of advertising and marketing design and be able to passionately craft award-winning, industry leading work. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be a key member of the creative department, working alongside other creatives and writers, managing and mentoring junior designers.
Life as a Digital Design Lead at Merkle
- Lead the design function of our Creative services
- Develop creative and design concepts working alongside other creatives and writers
- Overseeing design projects from conception to completion – and you’ll sometimes be expected to roll-up your sleeves and craft the design output yourself
- Craft and perfect design output at pace against tight deadlines, without any loss in quality or creativity
- Stay up-to-date on digital design standards and the best advertising work out there
- Manage and develop the work and careers of junior designers; critiquing and quality checking their work prior to creative director sign-off and client presentation
- Work closely with copywriters and the creative director to interpret client briefs and objectives, then turning ideas into incredible design
- Work with project managers and delivery managers on deadlines and assigning the best design resource to a project
- Pitch work to key clients, using your experience and expertise to inspire, excite and sell your work to them
- Work alongside creative director, senior creatives, strategists and account managers to successfully win new business and respond to RFPs
- Be the ‘go to’ individual in the agency for design knowledge
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
- Circa 5 years experience in advertising / marketing design
- Forward thinking, always looking to push work harder
- Experienced at designing for social, digital advertising, video and CRM / email
- Expert knowledge of digital, typography, colour theory and motion techniques
- Strong attention to detail in graphic design and quality
- Highly creative, bringing new ideas and able to solve sometimes complexed client needs
- Previous experience managing junior designers, critiquing work
- Passionate about getting the job done against tight deadlines
- Experience using audience data / insight to inform design and testing plans is a bonus
- Experience with dynamic creative and audience personalisation is a bonus
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.