Account Manager - Client Success
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Account Managers play a pivotal role in maintaining client satisfaction and loyalty by ensuring exceptional service and creating value for clients leveraging strong project management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills. Account Managers are ultimately responsible for the day-to-day execution of our client’s marketing strategies across the Merkle portfolio. By ensuring marketing and support activities are executed in a timely and efficient manner, Account Managers directly impact ours and our client’s success each day.
Managers are in daily contact with client contacts at all levels of the organization as well as internal leadership. Managers are looked to as key resources on the client teams to ensure the quality of client deliverables from across various Merkle business units, that Merkle’s services continually meet the client expectations, and take action to resolve issues as they arise. Managers have a strong understanding of CRM strategy and are able to contribute to its development and testing using their understanding of analytics.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the client and Merkle business/support teams
- Coordinates and manages internal and external client meetings; responsible for daily communication with key client contacts.
- Ensures timeliness and quality of client deliverables including – project trackers, reports, change requests, and presentations.
- Ensures on time and accurate program execution
- Serves as primary point of contact for error resolution
- Produces and interprets project and resource reports for internal and external reference
- Effectively manages projects including – tracking project milestones, approvals.
- Handles document storage, maintaining meeting calendar/schedule, agendas and tracking actions and outcomes, team lists.
Advanced Skills and Proficiency Required in the Following Areas:
- Project Management
- Account Management
- Client Satisfaction
- Account Administration
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced environment
- 3-5 years of client services/account management in a direct marketing agency or a combination of agency/client side.
- 2-4 years Insurance Wealth Management or Financial Services vertical experience and needs to be aligned with specific job/role requirements. It may be in any of the following areas:
- Creative management experience is mandatory
- CRM (customer relationship marketing) program management
- Campaign management
- Database marketing/Tech background is a plus
- Direct marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Proven experience managing client relationships, ability to manage expectations and remain aligned with client through changing priorities
- Proven ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution
- Proven experience managing projects with cross-functional remote teams
- Ability to work well in a fast-changing environment
- Bachelor's degree required
- Analytically minded, specifically comfortable with data, trends and story-telling
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.