Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Coordinators are the lifeline of our client services teams. Well organized and flexible, Merkle’s account coordinators have the ability to work with all levels of management (client and internal), vendors, and possess strong project coordination ability.
Coordinators are responsible for tracking jobs, meeting coordination and scheduling, routing work activity through internal and external channels in partnership with account managers, proofreading, and supporting account management needs related to the execution of financial reporting, billing and invoicing. Coordinators also support the project management cycle by keeping and distributing meeting minutes, status reports, organizing project documentation and monitoring project statuses under the direction of account leads.
- Support the Client Services function on the team by providing the following:
- Prioritize & manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously under direction of account leads
- Assist in forecast preparation and management across a variety of scopes and service lines
- Billing, internal revenue recognition, and client invoice management
- Produce timely and accurate project and financial reports for internal and external references
- Attention to detail and proactive in evaluating, recommending, and implementing opportunities to improve internal tools and processes
- Assist in conducting client centric internal reviews of project deliverables prior to stakeholder delivery
- Flexible in supporting the account team on a wide variety of administrative duties
- Strong client relationships at the administrative levels
- Coordinating, scheduling of meetings; taking notes and distributing; follow up on action items
Key Skills and Experience
- Account Management
- Client Satisfaction
- Account Administration
- Relationship Management
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Solution Development
- Business Acumen
- Preferred: Proficiency in Excel, Salesforce and Dynamics 365
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-changing environment
- Written and verbal skills
- 1-3 years of course work or experience in client services/account management in a direct marketing agency or a combination of agency/client side
- Bachelor's degree required
- Some experience or course work in at least one of the following areas:
- CRM (customer relationship marketing)
- Database marketing/Technology background
- Direct marketing
- Integrated Marketing
- Digital Marketing (Email Marketing)
- Campaign management
- Project Management
- Advanced Analytics
- Paid Media Strategy
- Preferred: Proficiency in Excel, Salesforce, and Dynamics 365
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.