Senior Sales Recruiter
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The primary purpose of a Recruiter is to partner with hiring managers as well as other Recruiters and Talent Leads to develop and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for core roles within assigned business units ultimately leading to a new hire within 45-60 days. The scope of the role includes serving as a recruiting specialist, pipeline manager, and process expert leveraging multiple recruiting tools including: LinkedIn, job boards and aggregators, social media, and other sourcing techniques to drive positive outcomes for hiring managers and candidates.
- Develop and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for core roles within assigned Service Line/Sub-Service Line, and ability to help in other areas as needed
- Leverage multiple recruiting sources and techniques to identify and engage active and passive candidates, including LinkedIn, search engines, niche job boards, social media, user groups, and blogs
- Manage 10-15 requisitions at a given time with potential to take on more as business needs dictate
- Review candidate profiles, screen resumes, and update candidate status in Merkle’s applicant tracking system (ATS) - SmartRecruiters
- Conduct a thorough prescreen of all prospects prior to presenting to hiring manager for consideration
- Coordinate closely with hiring teams and Recruiting Coordinators to shepherd candidates through the process
- Extend offers to candidates, coordinating closely with career advocates and hiring managers
- Implement and execute sourcing programs and strategies to fill current openings and help build a healthy pipeline of qualified candidates for future openings
- Mine SmartRecruiters (ATS) to identify candidates for assigned requisitions
- Maintain knowledge of the industry landscape
- Capture and leverage key intelligence from each prospect interaction to generate additional leads, networks, and pipelines
- Foster and cultivate an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork across all relevant internal stakeholders
- 3-7 years of relevant work experience in an HR or recruiting environment
- Bonus: Experience in the Sales and/or Digital Media/Ad Agency space
- Proficiency in MS office
- Ability to manage and prioritize a complex and diverse workload
- Effective communication, influencing, and persuasiveness skills
- Possess poise, confidence and presence to be able to deal effectively with executives, external customers, vendors, and clients at all levels
- Strong, self-confident, decisive individual with excellent listening skills and emotional maturity
- Ability to manage and resolve complex customer situations while maintaining a team culture that has a high level of responsiveness to its customers
- Flexibility in adapting to and responding quickly to changing priorities and deadlines with a high sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and consistent follow-up is essential
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.