Careers in Customer and Digital Media Analytics
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
These opportunities are ideal for recent graduates, career changers, or anyone looking to start their career in analytics, digital media, or marketing. Positions start in July through September according to business need. Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Merkle Analytics team is a multifaceted on- and offline team that works closely with other analysts and client relationship managers to devise analytics strategy for our clients, integrate and augment the data, perform advanced analysis, activate campaigns, and measure results. Types of opportunities within Analytics include:
Customer Analytics: You will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database marketing, predictive analytics and segmentation, and an understanding of business processes to develop technical and analytical solutions for clients. You will complete customer profiling, segmentation analysis, survey design and analysis. You will regularly work in R or SAS and use data querying languages like SQL and Hive.
Digital Media Analytics: You will manage the daily core insights of our digital marketing programs by providing campaign analytics that promote further insights and optimization such as data management, budgeting, bidding, pattern/trend exploration and explanation, ad copy/creative testing and analysis, landing page analysis, and forecasting. You will interface with clients and internal teams to communicate objectives and partner with them to deliver holistic strategies. You may utilize analytical modeling in R or Python and perform data visualization in Tableau, PowerBI, or DataStudio.
Other responsibilities include:
- Play a supporting role to a Senior Analysts and Managers by customizing optimization models
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints
- Under guidance, responsible to understand client business problems, solution approach, and execute basic analysis and research projects, package and assist in presenting insights to stake holders
- Engage with our clients to understand marketing goals to alter program execution
As a member of the Customer or Digital Media Analytics team, you will develop new skills, both technical and professional, through hands-on learning and training. You will be an active team member, increasing responsibility over time in the position and you will be encouraged to contribute ideas and insights to benefit our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Statistics, Economics, or related field; advanced degree preferred; OR relevant experience
- Have a grasp of numbers and be comfortable with quantitative analysis and simple statistics
- Some experience with SQL, data visualization (Tableau, PowerBI, DataStudio) and Python, R or high-level scripting language preferred
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with digital or web analytics is preferred
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Ability to explain and present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Potential for growth into management roles with the ability to mentor junior team members
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.