Business Analyst- Content Management Systems
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are currently seeking a Business Analyst to join our Digital Experience team. This position will collaborate closely with our Technical Project Manager as well as Solution Architects. Note that this is a client-facing role to elicit functional and technical requirements. Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and UAT planning / execution is required.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on CMS project implementations, answering questions from within the team as well as other team members
- Work closely with the Solution Architect to refine requirements and break them down into meaningful chunks of work that can be handed over for development and testing
- Work with client Product Owner and team members to groom and refine features so that they are complete and concise
- Participate in Agile ceremonies and, if requested, facilitate these meetings
- Help with User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Maintain system documentation for the duration of assigned project(s)
- Strong experience in eliciting, defining, analyzing and documenting business and user needs in the form of business, functional, non-functional requirements, size, complexity, priorities, and risks
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills; ability to drive solutions with the clients and technical team
- Deeply understand business processes/problems and bring that understanding to discussions with developers and designers, clients and other analysts
- Working knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager platform
- Able to work in and support a team environment across different time zones
- Strong project management and technology skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Jira and Confluence (or similar tracking tools
- Willingness to travel when necessary
Nice to Have:
· Adobe Business Practitioner Certifications (AEM, Target, Analytics)
· CMS experience (AEM, Drupal, Sitecore) Strongly Desired
· 2+ years in a client facing role (consultancy or agency preferred)
· Experience managing a team and leading the supervision and training of direct reports
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.