Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We are looking for a Digital Designer to join our rapidly expanding creative department. As a Digital Designer you will, first and foremost, be a natural-born creative thinker. You’ll be obsessed with the craft of design and never think one visual treatment is enough. You’ll have design ideas coming out of your ears and have an infectious energy for making work just look cool – but also a meticulous, pixel-perfect attention to detail and can spot if something isn’t best practice a mile off.
You’ll also have knowledge and experience of video and animation to bring your designs to life with motion, creating stunning visual communications across digital advertising and CRM channels. You will have expert knowledge of HTML / CSS, and understand the technicalities of HTML5 display, rich media and email design. You’ll be able to identify technical challenges and come up with ways to work around them – because you’ll believe that if there’s great creative to be made, there’s a way to do it.
Your main responsibilities will be to deliver creative designs from conception to production, through formats such as dynamic display, rich media and email communications, alongside the design and digital artworking of marketing communications with other designers and copywriters.
You will take lead from the Creative Director, Senior Designers, delivery managers as well as working collaboratively with other designers, developers and copywriters on a variety of projects, and as a result the successful candidate must be able to juggle their time and communicate effectively.
Life as a Digital Designer at Merkle
- Craft beautiful design for all digital formats, working within client’s brand guidelines but always looking to push the boundaries and quality of your work
- Ideate, develop, design and build dynamic display (DCO), rich media, social and CRM materials
- Work closely with the Creative Director, delivery managers, designers, developers and copywriters to develop and deliver successful and award-winning ideas and work
- Translate client’s marketing objectives into clear, compelling, brand appropriate communications
- Ensure designs and finished developed materials are cross-device compliant and accessible
- Ensure coding practice is using the latest in HTML5 and CSS, whilst still ensuring accessibility across browsers and devices
- Ensure that all work meets or exceeds the quality standards of the agency
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
- Circa 2 years experience in advertising / marketing design
- Previous experience in design with a focus in marketing or advertising communications
- Natural creative thinker who is excited with getting stuck into coming up with the next great idea
- Passion for performance creative and an understanding of the necessity of experience creative
- Strong working proficiency with Adobe XD and the Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- HTML 5 & CSS 3 experience is a bonus
- Experience with Google Web Designer is a bonus
- Previous experience with programmatic and/or display particularly within dynamic creative
- Previous experience delivering personalised email communications
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strong problem-solving skills, exercise sound business judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to align with current business needs
- Focused; a self-starter with experience working in a very fast paced environment
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.