SEO Senior Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As the SEO Senior Manager, you will manage several internet marketing activities, focused on developing and executing search engine optimization tactics and performance analysis. You must have hands-on technical knowledge and client communication skills. You must have analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills as you will work on multiple projects simultaneously under strict timelines and budgets. You must have prior account management and SEO experience. You will manage campaign strategies and implementation for clients while working with management and team members.
- Lead and work directly with clients in planning and implementing search engine optimization strategies that bring results to clients.
- Communicate with clients on status, timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items.
- Provide regular reporting and updates on performance to clients.
- Develop and execute online marketing strategies including: search engine optimization, content optimization, and development and UX insights.
- Extract insights from varied data sources, identify relevant trends, and provide well-developed recommendations to enhance and exceed our clients' search marketing goals.
- Exhibit an understanding of our clients' brand messaging and goals
- Manage the development of content strategies to improve visibility within search engines informing keyword targeting and content creation efforts.
- Work with team members including SEO Leadership Teams, SEO Specialists, and team members in other departments, to ensure client success.
- Manage a team of SEO Specialists
- Report to SEO Director
- 4+ years experience in SEO, search engine marketing and/or website management/development
- Experience directly working with enterprise-level clients (hospitality industry preferred).
- Have a passion for online marketing and enterprise level problem-solving capabilities for clients specific to SEO
- Comfortable communicating and presenting to C-level contacts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced problem-solving skills for websites and technical SEO implementation experience including: on-page SEO factors and site architecture improvements, along with knowledge of content management systems
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint, site analytics and SEO industry specific tools
- Understanding of HTML, FTP, and CMS programs
- Enjoy working in a fun-loving and collaborative environment
- BONUS: Understanding of paid search engine marketing
- BONUS: Website user experience and conversion optimization
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.