Careers in Paid Search, SEO and Programmatic Media
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
These opportunities are ideal for recent graduates, career changers, or anyone looking to start their career in analytics, digital media, or marketing. Positions start in July through September according to business need. Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Merkle Media team focuses on the planning and optimization of media across multiple channels such as search engines, social media, and content marketing. Within this team, you will be essential in the daily tactical management of a client account, assisting with the development, execution, and optimization of their media plans. Types of opportunities within Media include:
Paid Search: Perform keyword research, write ad copy, optimize and manipulate product feeds, develop search traffic estimates, and segment keywords into campaign structures and align them based on business goals.
SEO: Perform keyword research and create optimized page titles, meta descriptions, and content.
Programmatic Media: Build trafficking sheets to generate through 3rd party ad server tools such as Campaign Manager and implement ad tags and creative in DSPs and with vendors.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage delivery reporting across campaigns and provide optimization suggestions to enhance campaign performance
- Perform frequent data manipulation and interpretation exercises within Excel (maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Gather information to be used in developing media plans, such as demographic profiles, media usage habits, and media costs
- Daily engagement, collaboration, and partnering within our teams and external clients
- Promote client services and relationships with accurate performance communication
- Opportunity to build communication and presentation skills with client engagement
As a member of the Paid Search, SEO, or Programmatic Media team, you will develop new skills, both technical and professional, through hands-on learning and training. You will be an active team member, increasing responsibility over time in the position and you will be encouraged to contribute ideas and insights to benefit our clients.
- Bachelor's degree in a business, marketing, advertising, or related discipline OR relevant experience
- Have a grasp of numbers and be comfortable with quantitative analysis and simple statistics
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Critical thinker able to identify areas of underperformance and present logical and creative solutions
- Potential for growth into management roles with the ability to mentor junior team members
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.