New Business Director
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
The Growth Director (New Business Director) is responsible for driving active pitches efficiently and effectively. The director will be the core driver of a pitch, responsible for managing every moving part from start to finish.
- Lead the development of RFPs/RFIs and Creds decks to ensure we are positioning ourselves as the agency best suited to answer the client’s brief:
- We customize our responses each time, and we learn along the way what works and what doesn’t to inform future responses. Beyond prose, case studies and the submission should be packaged and delivered in a premium way, every time.
- Works within the RFI/RFP process developed by the EVP, Head of Growth.
- The Director will have input in casting and is responsible for helping to harmonize the core team from day 1. This ensures talent assigned to the pitches can do their best work.
- Responsible for ensuring the pitch team is well grounded in the pitch process / client ask including; outlining a pitch plan to win from the onset, assigning roles and responsibilities collecting background information and cross-network information sharing, setting up a centralized pitch Teams site, driving expectations for senior-level reviews, accurate timelines and daily pitch updates.
- Specific to pitch meetings, the director will:
- Advise on how we build the chemistry meeting, including the storyline
- Establish and support great chemistry across the core team
- Establish clear roles for everyone to shine and participate in the client meetings
- Ensure the pitch team is listening to feedback and incorporating back into the process
- Adhering to schedules
- Allowing ample time for rehearsals
- Ensuring issues are escalated early so they can be resolved
- Ensure management is always up to date on all relevant pitch issues
- Beyond meetings, the director will also be responsible for overseeing a team that conducts day-to-day activities including backgrounders, upkeep of key tools like Salesforce, and other tasks as assigned.
- Deep understanding of what brands and clients want, what they are asking for, and where the market is headed to ensure our positioning and offering is best-in-class (e.g. agency trends, new models and ensuring we are positioned in new business for success against our competitors).
- Lead proposals / SOWs development internally, in partnership with operations and finance leads.
- Manages the day-to-day Growth team, ensuring team is running the pitch process to agency expectations, team is achieving designated tasks on a daily basis, team is tracking towards long term department goals, team members are clear on personal growth goals and tracking towards them.
- Strong communication skills and strong project management; To drive a process that nurtures creativity and integration.
- Strong writing ability and interest in building compelling narratives that set the agency apart.
- Ability to completely immerse a team in a category – and encouraging the pitch team to do the same in order to show up authentically.
- Ability to run an open and transparent process that allows the best minds in, to build the story and for ideas to flow.
- Make the pitch team accountable to each other and to the story/solution we are solving.
- Ability to take feedback and adapt.
- A relentless mindset of excellence in all things.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.