Digital Media Manager (eRetail)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote candidates! Client is west-coast based, so you may need to flex hours as needed.
We are looking for a Digital Media Manager for Merkle's New Stream Media Group to focus on media activation across Paid Social, Display, Video, Mobile, and Audio. You will focus on both Programmatic and Paid Social channels as part of an innovative, fast-growing team focused on changing digital media planning and buying, in the context of a multi-channel data-driven approach in the eRetail space. You will report to the Director, Media.
- Manage a team of specialists responsible for activation of programmatic and paid social campaigns. The team's overall responsibilities include:
- Coordinating campaign details, audiences, assets, tags, and URLs with internal and external teams
- Setting up and optimizing campaigns in Google Ad Servers, DSPs and paid social platforms
- Executing, launching, and delivering in full against campaign KPI(s)
- Ongoing coordination and communication with internal and external teams on performance
- Completing necessary wrap up reporting tasks, in partnership with analytics team members
- Be an escalation point on activation best practices, processes and tech issues
- Seek opportunities to create efficiencies in daily role, sharing processes and procedures with team members
- Provide ongoing support to junior level team members through regular feedback and weekly one-on-ones
- 3+ years of experience in a digital planning/buying role, including platform experience across ad serving (DCM, GAM, Criteo), DSP (DV360, TTD), and paid social (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest) technologies
- Hands-on experience in DV360, The Trade Desk, and Facebook Ads
- eRetail or eComm experience is a plus
- In-depth understanding of the digital marketplace and advanced targeting tactics, data management platforms and tag management solutions.
- Experience working on custom executions and out of the box ideas with premium digital publishers
- Curiosity for data analytics and how that affects the bottom line, ability to quantify results of advertising
- Passion for technologies used to support digital advertising operations - ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, and third-party tags
- Well versed in the Microsoft Office suite specifically, Excel (pivot tables & VLOOKUP) and PowerPoint
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.