Customer Strategy - Vice President - Non-Profit Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
*location flexible, open to remote*
The Non-Profit Strategy Vice President will join a team of talented and experienced marketers that focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their goals through deep understanding of the non-profit fundraising sector, their constituents, Merkle’s capabilities for online and offline marketing and our approach to people-based communications.
The Vice President operates as a key member of our client account team helping to ensure that the programs we execute are based on our deep understanding of our client’s business and strategic objectives. You must also show the ability to build strong relationships in order to become a trusted advisor to the client and Merkle account team. This role requires you to be analytical as well as creative in your thought process and have the ability to be nimble in your thinking about client problems. As a key leader inside of an account team you must also demonstrate the capability to get others to believe in the ideas that you present and follow that belief through to execution.
At Merkle “Strategy” means a key idea that is informed, executable and provides results. Those ideas need to be applicable to a variety of client scenarios and must cross any service that is necessary to achieve the client objective. As a Vice President in the Strategy team you must have demonstrate experience in planning across media and channels, development and management of campaigns that generate measurable ROI, with a focus on Non-Profit but and have the ability to work across other core vertical markets as needed (Insurance, Financial Services, Retail, Health)
The ideal candidate for this position must have a strong passion for problem solving, and a deep understanding of how non-profit organizations and constituents interact, with an advanced understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. Candidates must possess the ability to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to support the growth of client relationships.
- Lead the building, development, and delivery of strategic omni-channel marketing plans.
- Act as a subject matter expert, particularly in the areas of digital marketing and CRM.
- Continually monitor current marketing trends, new technology solutions, and competitive strategies – and then translate them into new marketing ideas for clients.
- Show a strong understanding of differences in marketing to constituents in different verticals and environments.
- Develop trusted, long-term relationships with key client contacts and executives.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of best-practice solutions, skills, capabilities, and original thinking.
- Manage team members to deliver strategy projects correctly and on-time.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with internal Merkle teams (account management, operations, creative, analytics etc.), and partner agencies to understand the feasibility of cross-channel recommendations/ plans.
- Identify key data points and measurements to show the impact of our approach and strategy on the client’s business.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 15+ years working in non-profit fundraising.
- 15+ years’ experience in data driven marketing – specifically CRM/ email / Online media / Offline media.
- 10+ years working in an agency or consulting firm.
- Proven experience in developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients.
- Hands-on skills using data and research to drive decisions –proficiency in Excel and research tools a plus.
- Strong writing, presentation and client facing communication skills. Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint a plus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to incorporate internal and external feedback on an iterative basis.
- Ability to leverage business experience / acumen to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Strong listening skills to understand clients visible and invisible needs.
- Must have superior multi-tasking, networking, time management and inter-personal skills.
- Self-starter high intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, and persuasion skills.
- Comfort and experience working within a highly matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
- 20-50% travel required
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
• Comprehensive healthcare plans
• FTO and family leave
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.