Software Design Engineer- Intern - Mobile Apps (IOS/Android)
Merkle|Sokrati, a leader in Paid Search & Social Advertising, provides a sophisticated technology solution to efficiently manage Digital Marketing campaigns for several large brand clients in India. The platform deals with 20M+ impressions per day, real-time optimization algorithms, a scalable & intuitive analytics platform and more – all developed in-house. We are currently a 800+ people team; and growing extremely fast to gain more market share and roll out even cooler technology solutions in Digital Advertising space.
At Merkle Sokrati you will learn how to build truly awesome apps be it Android or IOS, know the real difference between, MVC, MVP, MVVM etc. Use techniques like Dependency Injection, IoC to write modular testable code. Monitor for performance, we take every microsecond seriously.
Nothing at Merkle Sokrati is small. We start with an induction process which demands you to go through all phases of Agile development, right from Sprint Planning, to Requirement Walkthrough, Daily Scrums, Peer Code Reviews, Automated Tests, Sprint Demos, UAT with the client and finally Deployment to production. You are expected to be able to support your own development in Production as well, that’s real DeVos for you. You will get to work firsthand, with our Multi-cluster deployments using cloud platforms like AWS/GCP. Yes, we stress a lot on sense of ownership in everything we do.
To achieve any of this you need to understand Distributed Systems, Algorithms and Data Structures, Database Scaling Techniques, but more importantly you should be willing to learn at a very fast pace and be a Team player not a lone-wolf. Not many interns can say “been there, done that”, but post this program you will.
What would your day look like:
• Implement solutions for broadly defined problems
• Be involved in full fledged product development.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and Build New Features, Push them to production fast.
• Be part of daily scrums, ideate and brainstorm solutions with Managers, Mentors and show off your convincing skills.
• Do peer code reviews, write automation tests, we have OCD when it comes to quality.
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
• Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
• Discuss new ideas in weekly tech forum with your peers and mentors.
You'd fit right in if you:
• Have A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals
• Are Good at Problem solving
• Know and have worked on at least more than 2 programming languages with ease and have a strong opinion of which one is your favorite.
• Have actively developed first hand more than 1 mobile app and published it or thinking to publish it to playstore/Appstore. We would love to look at your Github repo or links to playstore.
• Have the right attitude, are a team player and an avid learner.
Join us If you are excited about:
• Opportunities to learn bleeding edge technologies, from scratch, on real-life projects as an Intern.
• An environment that encourages contribution and values opinions. • A place full of like-minded & smart folks
• A start-up culture that you'd cherish forever in your work life • Flexible career paths. • A chance to have a lot of fun while you work.
Not Convinced Yet, Did we mention
• We have an almost 100% full time conversion rate till date, even with a very high bar for conversion. We really have very cool, hard working mentors.
Looking For Immediate/Early Joiners only.
At Merkle Sokrati, we don't insist on any paid certification as a part of the hiring process.