Group Media Director
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. iProspect is an agency of dentsu.
The Group Media Director assumes responsibility for an portfolio of multiple businesses/brands or for a large integrated account across multiple channels to provide media and account leadership. This person contributes as an agency leader and will make key business decisions, considering the impact on respective accounts and the broader agency.
The individual in this role is responsible for providing strategic direction and demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of their client’s business as well as the overall technology/competitive landscape. The Group Media Director is responsible for cultivating client and media relationships specifically at senior levels. This individual is responsible for being the “ultimate” media consultant to the client and is charged with all general management aspects of the team, including team collaboration, big-picture strategic thinking, ecommerce sales performance, and financial performance of the account. They should be an integrated media leader who understands communications planning, media strategy, and can speak to both traditional and digital with great comfort, expertise and ease.
- Actively drives agency growth through Trusted Advisor relationships at the senior level, identifying organic growth opportunities among suite of accounts & participating in new business.
- Interpret research and provide insight and thought leadership that effectively translates brand marketing objectives into succinct media strategies
- Leads strategy development, manages critical business issues, maintains the state of the client relationship & is responsible for the profitability & success of an account portfolio.
- Champions & understands the clients’ businesses at the highest level.
- Lead overarching strategic thinking, ensure media strategy is aligned and meets client objectives
- Ability to translate business problems into actionable media solutions for digital capability
- Demonstrate strong analytical and strategic skills to help solve client’s business problems
- Accountable for organic growth within portfolio of accounts, specific to each client and their unique opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with media community; continue to develop partners and higher relationships for exchange of ideas
- Overall accountability for all media work, providing leadership, direction and motivation as appropriate
- Direct the development of client presentations that are clear, compelling and persuasive
- Create and negotiate yearly client contracts and supplemental proposals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Fluent in traditional and digital media including TV, radio, Out of home, paid social, programmatic, paid search, direct display buys, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to run ALL aspects of a large, complex account with minimal oversight from agency executive management.
- Experience developing custom programs, big activation ideas and communications planning
- Inspires, motivates & mentors employees across the company.
- Proven leadership ability – experience managing groups of planners, supervisors and associate directors
- Collaborative and able to successfully bring people from different disciplines, internal and external to 360i together to achieve desired outcomes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience
- Both Brand building and Demand driving digital experience required
- Previous experience working with retail and fashion clients
- Traditional Media experience required
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.