Data Scientist - Innovations
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organisations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2018 net revenue of $846million.
What you’ll do at Merkle|Sokrati?
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
- Analyze client data using EDA and provide actionable insights to improve processes and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool.
- Use data to create AI&ML models to solve complex business problems
- Provide support for ad hoc requests from the Business Users
- Provide support for Analytics Processes monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
- Support in creating PowerPoints, reports, dashboards and models
- Independently determine the appropriate approach for new assignments
- Complete a variety of atypical assignments
- Work on exploratory data analysis, preparation and feature engineering
What we are looking for?
- Someone who is inquisitive and has great problem-solving skills.
- 1+ years core data science/analytics experience
- Hands-on experience of building statistical models like regression, decision tree, random forests and other AI/ML models is a must
- Experience using R, Python is mandatory.
- Ability to write SQL queries, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis etc.
- Ability to lead own projects and work independently once given a direction.
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data.
- Experience of working on visualization tools (Tableau/Power BI etc.)
- Understanding about GA360/Adobe/Datorama/CDP/DMP etc
What’s on Offer –
- An opportunity to work with one of India’s most promising companies in a genuine growth hacking role
- Unparalleled learning opportunities in the company of ridiculously smart folks with very high levels of expertise in their respective functions
- Fantastically transparent, vibrant and positive work culture
Feel like a good fit? We would love to have a chat with you!
At Merkle Sokrati, we don't insist on any paid certification as a part of the hiring process.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.