Salesforce Commerce Cloud Architect
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market.
At Merkle, we help brands make the people-based marketing transformation. Using a combination of first- and third-party data, we create, target, and measure the highly customized customer experiences that not only drive immediate results in the form of today’s response and conversion, but also build tomorrow’s increased loyalty and customer value. At the heart of these solutions is Merkle’s deep heritage in the data, analytics, and technology capabilities that enable them.
Our capabilities span people-based marketing disciplines: customer strategy, performance media, customer experience and personalization, customer relationship management, loyalty marketing, and enterprise technology services. This have cross functional teams with a lot of skills and understanding of multiple capabilities, UI/UX, Frontend, Backend, Scalability, Security, Performance, Databases, Caches, Microservices, DevOps, SOA, Integration Patterns, etc.
As an SFCC Architect, you will translate client requirements into technical development, design schemas and integrate with content management solutions and search engines, unlocking the business value of new technologies.
- Work closely with our business partners to understand business requirements and provide an innovative and efficient solution
- Work closely with various technology teams (Development, Infrastructure, PMO, etc.) to define and implement elegant, scalable, and sustainable technical solutions using the Salesforce technologies
- Conceptualize, architect, and design solutions for customers that meet customer business objectives, cost, timeline, quality, and MVP
- Lead development team to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices, and code quality techniques
- Maintain thorough subject matter expertise of the functionality and solution architecture
- Partner with other architects, vendors, partners, business and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability/platform roadmaps and work toward realizing the roadmaps
- Build a Salesforce commerce cloud (SFCC, aka, Demandware) Practice. Define and set up technical standards for SFCC solutions, setup tools, and systems required for excelling in SFCC
- Assist in SFCC sales efforts, solution proposal building, estimating, planning, and customer interactions Define and refine ideas of accelerators that can provide a competitive advantage in the sales process; build accelerators in MVP evolutions
- Conceptualize, architect, and design solutions for customers that meet customer business objectives, cost, timeline, quality. Lead the delivery from a technology perspective and deliver.
You have a Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science (relevant work experience may be substituted) and 9-12+ years of hands on experience in a web development environment.
- 5+ years of experience supporting/Enhancing E-commerce solutions and 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and migrating E-commerce solutions.
- Experienced in conducting workshops with the customer team.
- You have proven experience in working and integrating with APIs and 3rd Party systems integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS & WMS systems.
- You are comfortable leading code reviews and mentoring less senior developers to ensure code usage and best practices are maintained for optimization of speed and performance.
- You have supported a production Ecommerce platform, shipped large projects working as part of a cohesive team, and you can point to them online.
- You have an equal understanding of solid backend integrations and modern and emerging front-end frameworks that support great user experiences.
- You have experience leading both in-house and external consultant-based development teams.
- You work hard to stay current blogs, open-source contributions, technology groups whatever it takes to allow you to not just know what s going on, but to leverage that information into working strategies and adjustments to how you do your work.
- You are able to deliver compelling presentations, architectural blueprint documents, and requirements-gathering workshops to influence the strategic direction of our projects and leading solution design sessions.
- Assess cost and benefits of each possible solution and effectively recommend alternatives (build versus buy) and options that are most cost effective while providing the needed capabilities.
- Very good verbal and written communication. Ability to explain a concept clearly to stakeholders of different types and levels.