Senior Scrum Master.
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Currently we are looking for Senior Scrum Master to ensure flawless delivery, taking care of functional/technical teams, helping them to solve some of the more complex challenges and engendering a collaborative, knowledge sharing environment. Your work will be dedicated to our client, one of worlds’ leading companies in the field of pharma & medicine. Teams you will work with have common purpose to leverage cutting-edge science and technology to seek breakthroughs to some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues and help fuel the growth in the exciting areas of Digital Health and Medicine.
As Senior Scrum Master, you will have opportunity to collaborate with various product owners, transfer the requirements to the team, help them to define the right user stories, prioritize and overall manage the team by business priorities and business demands. You will be aware of purpose and risks & opportunities on the requests and drive the team thinking towards it.
- Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership – Exhibits the behaviours of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Helps the team embrace Agile Core Values, adopt and apply Agile Principles, implement Agile practices
- Supports the team rules – These may include the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals – The Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is continuously engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. They help the team focus on creating increments of value each iteration and achieving daily and Iteration Goals in the context of the current Program Increment (PI) Objectives
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement – Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitates the team retrospective
- Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves
- Facilitates events – Facilitates team events, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective ensures they are productive and kept within the timebox
- Supports the Product Owner – The Scrum Master helps the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
- Facilitates the removal of impediments – Many blocking issues will be beyond the team’s authority or may require support from other teams. The Scrum Master supports the team in addressing and eliminating these issues to improve the likelihood of achieving the objectives of the Iteration
- Promotes Agile quality practices – guide teams to constantly improve the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done (DoD)
- Builds a high-performing team – Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance, and coaches the team in self-management
- Helps the team resolve interpersonal conflicts and challenges and identify opportunities for growth
- Enables organizational effectiveness – The Scrum Master works with other Scrum Masters and stakeholders to help the team contribute towards improving the overall development Value Stream
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART (Agile Release Train that facilitates Product Increments delivery) events – Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt
- Supports estimating story points / work effort and complexity required based on the historical team velocity – Guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities
- Experience from IT/Technology projects
- High level knowledge in Data/Business analytics subjects – a plus
- Experience in Life Sciences industry – a plus
- Virtual/Remote Team Leadership experience with global coverage
- Understanding the organisational settings for all standard Agile roles, the interfaces between them
- Capability to apply Agile frameworks (Scrum, SAFe)
- Experience with some of commonly used tools - Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, SharePoint
- Agile behaviour - energy, drive, daily focus, good soft skills, result oriented
Why should you join our team?
- We are cooperating with an all types and sizes of clients from all around the world which allows us to provide a very diverse portfolio of projects and technologies to choose from to our people.
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Talent Acquisition Team Manager