Head of Operations - Creative & Media
Gyro, part of Merkle B2B, is the first full-service, global creative B‑to‑B powerhouse. We are 700 minds in 17 offices acting as one.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Gyro, part of Merkle B2B, is the Dentsu Network B2B specialist agency and represents clients internationally – as such B2B and International experience is highly desired. This is a new role that has been created to bring expertise and rigour to the operational running of the Creative & Media team within the business.
The successful candidate will be at the heart of the agency. You’ll be in control of the day to day operations, leading a team of 6 and being part of the executive leadership team.
Life as Head of Operations - Creative & Media at Gyro:
Specific operational tasks:
- Constantly look for improvements in the way we operate from brief in the door to work delivered to client and/or live in market
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Instigate ways we can be more efficient leading to increased margin on projects and across all client groups
- Help identify and define the correct processes for gyro and our clients
- Be a source of new ways, thinking and solutions to deliver projects should Producers hit stumbling blocks
- Partner with cross-functional support teams in improving the proprietary tools and the way we work together
- Responsible for operational efficiency in delivering client projects across creative and strategy
- Host and lead resourcing and triage meetings
- Enable the agency to plan further ahead; moving to a monthly and quarterly view
- Day to day monitoring of resource usage, including monitoring status on briefs and making any necessary changes to bookings and freelance requirements
- Talent sourcing, freelancer availability, approvals and budget management and provision of POs and liaison regarding payment terms
- Build relationship within Merkle B2B group to enable resource pooling
- Yuno Juno platform management & monitoring of portal and briefs
- Build relationship with Spectra
- Overall owner of Paprika resource planning
- Develop an integrated view of resource requirements across gyro Creative and Media
- Ownership (with support) for new starter set ups, email, kit, desk, security & building access
- Ensure full legal compliance on all projects (productions, straplines, image management etc)
- Utilisation and timesheet compliance – recommendation for improvements and adding insight in improved efficiency
- Managing profitability and productivity and recommendation for improvements
- Improving ways of workings – standardisation of SOWs, menu pricing, offshore etc
- Supplier management and compliance
- GDPR compliance
- Rigour around intercompany clients and process
Position in agency:
- Leading Producer/project management team (6 people)
- Reporting into Commercial Director
- Work closely with CSO, ECD and Managing Partner (Client Solutions)
- Part of executive leadership team
What we're looking for in you:
- A sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments toward maximum productivity
- Display proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within the team
- Excellent communication skills, ensuring all parties are keep up to date
- Project management training and expertise in modern ways of working e.g. agile
- Able to multitask and maintain knowledge of multiple projects
- Proven track record of success in a comparable role, preferably from an agency environment
- Demonstrable experience of operational improvements within a function
- Resource management expertise
- Experience of process improvement
- Ability to influence and affect change across all levels from junior to executive leadership team
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.