Senior Systems Administrator, Infrastructure Managed Services
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Sr. Systems Administrator, Managed Hosting role within Merkle is responsible for providing Tier 2/3 support for infrastructure within the Merkle Managed Hosting environment. The Sr. Systems Administrator must be able to provide escalation support for incidents and service requests and addressing them with an appropriate sense of urgency. Candidates will work in a team setting, sharing information, collaborating, and assisting other team members. Candidate must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a drive to be part of a larger team and engage with broad Corporate IT challenges and initiatives.
The Sr Systems Administrator reports to the Director, IMS Operations. The role will work with a team of geographically distributed Merkle staff and contract employees.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain various Azure Cloud Services such as Azure AD, Azure Security Center, Azure Storage etc
- Deploy and maintain Azure IaaS Virtual Machines and Azure Application and Networking Services to support growth into the cloud.
- Troubleshooting and technical support of enterprise-class systems, with regard to ITIL/ITSM processes/practices while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards
- Provide incident and service request support for assigned Information Technology platforms
- Plan, coordinate and execute change management activities
- Ensure that all solutions are aligned with IT standards and best practices
- Ensure that controls designed to ensure security and availability of the Merkle information technology environment are adhered to
- Identify areas in need of improvement and develop a solution which addresses those needs
- Provide high level of customer service to all levels of the organization
- Manage and prioritize multiple incidents and service requests while adapting to changing business conditions
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks
- Provide input to automation efforts
- Act as an escalation point for incidents and service requests not resolved in the Tier 1 organization
- Provide on-call and after-hours support as required
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
Measures of Success
- Consistently drive technical incidents/service requests to resolution within SLA/OLA timeframe, escalating where appropriate.
- Contribution to the development and implementation of existing and new IT solutions that exceed customer expectations on time and on budget.
- Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys, completed on a periodic basis.
- Rapid personal and career growth.
- An advanced understanding of core Azure Cloud Computing services - Networking, Databases, Software, and Servers.
- Familiarity with NIST 800-171, CMMC or any experience in deploying under a set of US government leveraged security controls in Azure Gov strongly desired
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code, automated cloud deployment, Azure CLI, and supporting technologies (Azure Automation, Azure Resource Manager)
- Demonstrate an understanding of configuration management solutions (Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Familiarity with Git to maintain code versioning.
- Enterprise productization processes, including developing product guides, asset management, data protection, capacity management, performance management, and lifecycle management
- Experience with Scripting languages, such as Python, Powershell, etc desired
- Requires 5+ years of experience supporting and implementing enterprise-class solutions operating in a 24/7 environment.
- Microsoft Azure Administration Associate Certification required
- MCSD (Azure Solutions Architect) or MCSE (Cloud Platform and Infrastructure) is preferred
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- ITIL experience and certification highly desired.
- Understanding of enterprise infrastructure concepts and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to learn new skills, techniques, and responsibilities and train other team members.
- Proactive, upbeat and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent.
- Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.